Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

annoying pop up its DRIVING ME NUTS how do i get rid of it??"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzbo

Technical User
Feb 9, 2002
BM
I Keep getting this annoying pop up its DRIVING ME NUTS how do i get rid of it??"

>>Windows - Delayed Write Failed

i have a jpeg screen shot,but is upload allowed here?

I got the same problem too.... have you fixed yours??? mine says "Messenger Service.... Message from WEBPOPUP....."

Hey guys. I found this forum searching for an answer to the same question, and this is what I learned. If you are using W2K, you can disable the Windows Messaging service, which is what the spammers are using to make those pop-ups appear. Now, just realize that sometimes Anti-Virus software and the print manager use the same service to show messages to the user (the AV notifying you of potential viruses, and the printer manager notifying you of failed print jobs).
To disable the service, go to Start > Programs > Administrative Tools > Services.
Scroll down to Messenger; double-click it to display its properties. Change the "Start Up Type" to disabled, then clik the stop button to disable it now. It should not come back on again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back