Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

annoying message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi

My Internet mail connector is working fine, mail coming and going. The problem is I have one message stuck on my Inbound message awaiting delivery Queue. This messsage is sitting in a pending state, is there anyway to remove/move this message as its really annoying me.

Help!!
bobo

Should leave after the default time period for delivery expires. Will send notifications to the user that sent the email and the whomever you set up (if any) to receive these types of notifications, that the intended receipent or domain was unreachable.

You can also just delete it and they will get the same notification..............

OK afrancoeur... how about if the message does NOT have a time to expire? I have several of these messages myself. They won't go away if you click the message and hit "delete" button (at least mine won't - and some have been there a year).

Thanks for any info.

Afrancoer,

Sad to say, no time out period on this message and the first think I tried was the delete option and the second, stop and restart the IMS service.

Cheers for the input chaps
Bobo

Have you tried to flush the queues?? What Service Pack is loaded?

Drew

afrancoeur, I'm running exchange 5.5 sp4 on NT4 sp6 and I never flushed the queues I don't know how.

Bobo

In the IMS (Internet Mail Service) there is a tab called Connections. Under Transfer Mode select None (Flush Queues)option to stop the IMS and have it deliver all messages in its queues.

Hope that helps......

Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back