Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Announcement only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brtman

MIS
Aug 2, 2004
US
Is there as way to setup a mailbox to output a greeting\announcement only and not allow messages to be stored? Hopefully without using application builder.....

Thanks in advance

Set the box up so that it does not accept Call Answering messages.

In the mailbox highlight the radio button under the

"Block Incoming Messages" - Always

and then two more radio buttons will appear below that under:

Block Message Call Handling: = Disconnect caller after greeting.

This should do it for you.

Hope this helps.

John

I've already done this, and it works good except for the voice that comes on after the announcement that says that messages are blocked. I wish I could somehow disable that feature.

me too, I been trying to get rid of that message for a year and can not find where to turn it off.. just say 'bye' and people will know they can not leave a message....

There's only 7 system prompt you can change or remove, unfortunately, what you want is not 1 of the 7

I think you can create new system messages, but I have not tried it. I believe that you have to delete one of the seven and then create your own.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back