Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Announcement : Insert VM greeting/name? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pichels

Technical User
Aug 1, 2005
US

Hi-

Bear with me - still a newbie to Avaya systems.

Is there a way to "insert" a user's Voicemail Greeting "NAME"(Joe Shmoe or record individual .vox?) into an Announcement?
How could we mention the user's name(greeting or seperate recording of just their name) when leaving a hunt-group and are not sure how to forward to a specific user's VM when there are many stations in the hunt-group?

Please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks.

-P

Hi -

Does anyone have any insight as to if this is even possible?
Please let me know - thx.

-P

What exactly are you trying to setup P?? From what I am gathering here it looks like you would have to do this through vectors with announcements. But you would need one for everyone you would transfer to.

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

I to, am not sure I understand what you are trying to do. Give us a better example of what you need. But if i take a swag, no, once the system decides on the hunt group member to send the call to, it is out of vector processing.

for that mater, you would not even have vector process in just a hunt groups setup. You would need Skill, and Agents setup.

Hi mikeydidit/DavidPayne-

Yes - we agree - if we understand that you are stating that we'd have to setup separate vectors for every person.
We already have individual vectors & hunt-group queues setup for this office that ring to a single extension/person.

They are asking about the Voicemail(audix) option that asks the user to record their name in the greeting to be used in an announcement within the vector programming - make sense?

Would "Coverage Path's" help out at all?
Not sure how to insert the greeting from Audix server into a vector programmed with an announcement...

When you mention "You would need Skill, and Agents setup" - doesn't that pertain to CMS?

Any other info needed - please let me know - thx.

-P

Hi-

Anyone else have an ideas or think this is possible?
Thanks much for any help or clues.

-P

The only thing that I can think of would be to turn on console permissions on the their sets long enough to have them record the announcements. Have them speak their name and depress the switch hook for a clean ending. Then you will have them in a .wav file and do what you want to with them. Including vectors.

Thanks Mikeydidit.

We'll look over how to add console perms on sets and record the announcements(not greeting right?) and press switch hook at end. We have a mixture of 6416's and VOIP - 4610/20's.
Thought we'd have a .vox file instead of a .wav - how do we get that from the VM server?
Will have to research - in the Admin guide - we have v31.

-P

Thats where you are running into problems. Within a vector you point it to an announcement. Your trying to get the "voice mail type greetings" and add it somewhere within the vector. The announcements (VAL boards) store the announcements as a .wav file. You point the vector to the announcement extension and away you go.

To add announcements type in "add announcement next" this comes up with the first available number in your dial plan. Give it a name without any spaces. Make the type as integrated. And add it to one of your VAL boards as the group/board.

Under "disp fea" look for Announcement Access Code: ??? this is the feature access code to record the announcements.

Then on the users sets they will need a high cos that gives them console permissions. For them to record the announcements...

feature access code (lets say 170) the users dials 170 (the announcement extension) xxxx and 1 to record. 170xxxx1 hang up with switch hook. To listen to the announcement dial the extension number the announcement is programmed on. Be sure to all the users back to their normal cos when your done.

That should get them going.

Hi Mikedidit-

Thanks for the great detail.
We'll have to try this out and go from there.
will try to reply back when we get time to implement.
Take care.

-P

Hi-

We just setup an announcement in the system - added to the Vector Programming for our Individual Queue(HG=hunt group) - example:

NOTE:
This is a 1 to 1 setup - meaning "one" HG to "one" person/extension/station...we get to this point via the auto-attendant options and pressing a unique 4-digit collection of numbers that points to a VDN(Group number) for a customer at our company...

05 collect 1 digits after announcement 5050 ( this was the new Announcement - saying person's name)
06 goto step 9 if digits = 1 ( Press one in announcement to go to Person's VM - leave mesg)
07 stop
08 messaging split 99 for extension 6391 ( VM for that person, of course)
09 stop

Now, we need to know how to setup a HG that has "multiple" stations/people.
And we we are not sure how to setup a unique announcement for each person/station/extension?
We think of this as a "one" to "many" setup...

display hunt-group X Page 4 of 61
HUNT GROUP
Group Number: 9 Group Extension: 6959 Group Type: ucd-mia
Member Range Allowed: 1 - 1500 Administered Members (min/max): 1 /7
Total Administered Members: 6
GROUP MEMBER ASSIGNMENTS
Ext Name (24 characters) Ext Name (24 characters)
1: 1252 User, Deb
2: 1264 Bartles, Fred
3: 1219 Eckenstein, Earl

How can we setup a rolling or unconditional loop with each of our users stations where we use a personal(unique) announcement that plays before reaching each user's VM in the vector programming?

Somehow we have to loop the logic above for a bunch of users in a HG?
Not sure if a "goto step if unconditionally" or other logic can help...we need to hit all extensions/users - if one is busy or on a call - goto next extension/station.

Would we have to hard code each station/extension in the vector programming?
What if busy or unavail? Use a Coverage Path or ?

Thx.

-P

Anyone help us out?
Does anyone know how to setup multiple announcements for multiple people in a Hunt-Group?
See notes above.
Thx.

-P

I think you are defeating the purpose of the hunt group by splitting out callers and routing them to direct members. So why the hunt group?

If you want callers directed to people (and not a hunt group) then you would need to add vector steps and possibly more vectors. It would look something like this..

Code:
change vector 51                                                Page   1 of   2
                                  CALL VECTOR

Number: 51               Name: Cancer CTR main
Multimedia? n      Attendant Vectoring? n    Meet-me Conf? n           Lock? n
     Basic? y   EAS? y   G3V4 Enhanced? y   ANI/II-Digits? y   ASAI Routing? y
 Prompting? y   LAI? y  G3V4 Adv Route? y   CINFO? y   BSR? y   Holidays? y
 Variables? y   3.0 Enhanced? y
01 wait-time    1   secs hearing ringback
02 goto step    14            if holiday          in     table 2
03 goto step    14            if time-of-day      is fri 16:30 to mon 07:59
04 goto step    14            if time-of-day      is all 16:30 to all 07:59
05 collect      1    digits after announcement 30109    for none
06 route-to     number 31100            with cov y if digit           =  1
07 goto vector  56   @step 1  if digits           =      2
08 route-to     number 31300            with cov y if digit           =  3
09 goto vector  52   @step 1  if digits           =      4
10 route-to     number 30110            with cov y if digit           =  5
11 goto step    1             if digits           =      9
12 wait-time    5   secs hearing music

The other vectors would be for specific people and would have their own announcements. You could have each person record their own greetings. That may give you what your trying to do.

If you need more help with this, just post and I'll try to help.

Thanks - yes - we agree.

But, the Dept wants to keep users(Cust Service Reps) in a hunt group - since we need these people to answer incoming calls in a single queue and watch and report within CMS.

We are un-sure of how to set up these announcements w/ a HG.

We have specific groups(sometimes large) of customers that are directed to these HG's for certain business purposes - this requires many users/employees to maintain/answer the calls.

Any other way we can accomplish?

Thanks for your help.

-P

I think your running out of options. Once a call is routed to the group vectoring is done with it. Its only ACD parameters then. If the callers are routed to an extension then you can do the vectoring and adding announcements.

This at least is all I know of..

Thanks MikeyDidit.

Anyone else know if there is a way?

Else, I'll give up - appreciate any further ideas.

-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back