Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Announcement board TN750

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichalPol

Technical User
Oct 26, 2006
US
Hi All,

I need yours adivse becase I have problem with Announcement board TN750. Problem is that I can not remove it from circuit pack. I am getting message:
"Must remove translation on the board before changing circuit pack type". I have checked and for sure there are no announcement on that board and data module. Once I made list config I see that port 1-15 are occupated :

Board Assigned Ports
Number Board Type Code Vintage u=unassigned t=tti p=psa

01C17 ANNOUNCEMENT TN750C 000014 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08
09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
u

Only port 17 is "unused" so maybe that is the problem? But to be honest I have no idea how make these port unused.
Many thansk for any help on that.

I forgot to add that card is located in Definity and software version is R0V11r.02.0.110.4

do a "li dat" the announcement board may have a datamodule assigned to it. Also make sure there are no more announcements assigned to this board by doing a "list integrated". If any announcements are assigned remove them.
If you need to reuse the board make sure you delete the announcements the proper way, or erase the board before you reuse it. (just deleting them from the SAT will corrupt the board).

Rob

If all announcements pointing at the board have been removed, it will go away when you unplug the board. tn750 is a self programming board. When you plug it in, it assigns ports 1 - 16. It then shows up on list config board, change circuit-pack, display integrated, if the system allows the board to be added.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

35 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 25 years and counting

Thanks AvayaTier3 for propmpt feedback!

Yes you have wright!once card will be removed from carrier then will be removed automatically from the system.

Many thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back