Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Announcement board 750c 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezncool

IS-IT--Management
Oct 29, 2003
US
hi, I have a dilema that I need assistance in understanding. I have a G3R 9.5 with 10 Annoucement boards installed in it. They were working fine until recently. We can not record or re-record announcement anymore. We checked the COR restrictions, console permissions etc. and are all fine.

what is happening: dial the access code, dial tone, then enter the announcement extension and a fast busy is heared. We are experiencing this on all 10 boards.

Any thoughts?

Try 'list integrated-annc-boards'. Make sure you have enough time left to record on the 750Cs. Should show time remaining in the top right corner per board location.

Mike

yes there is time available on a couple of boards. 37 seconds on 1 and 40 on the other. we tried recording on those boards with the same result. Please note that we get the fast busy after we entered the announcement extension. we cant even get into pressing 1 for record, 2 to listen or 3 to delete

The boards checksum is probably corrupted

On the 750x boards, there is a chance that the checksum gets corrupted. This can happen when you record over the limit.

For example, your board has 255 secs total at 32k.
If you have 20 secs left, and you record a message that gets to the 20th second, there is about a 1 in 10 chance that the checksum gets corrupted.

To fix it, if you get lucky, you can try to just busy out and release. It's worked once before when I had this, but mostly you are in trouble. Most of the time, I have to wipe the board and restore from backup. Hopefully you have a non corrupt backup. Otherwise you get to re-record!

things to try:

busyout board
reset board
erase board

Reset and erase may wipe your messages, but if they are corrupt anyway, you may have no choice. Do this after hours if you need the announcements.

I will try to do this tonight...thank you...ill let you know if it works.

Make sure that there is a data module assigned to the announcement board.

Kevin

Have the same problem, trying to record on a message an the after entering the FAC and then the extension, it comes back with a dial tone. This just started to happen after trying to make some announcement changes which we were withing limit of the board.

I have an Avaya tech here right now working on this, we tried to busy-out, reset, release no good. Tried popping in a new board, not good.....

What the heck is going on!!!

Milletary, your recordings are probably corrupt now.
if you have a good backup, erase and restore. If not, reset and rerecord :(

A good idea is to get the recordings into PC format so you can restore anytime without the voice of the person doing the messages. I use a phone to pc audio coupler for that and a wav recording / playback program. you can get the audio couplers at radio shack or poke around this site for other phone to PC recording devices.

We tried the following with no success:

erased a couple of announcement on each board to increase the time avaialable on each board

reseated all the announcement boards

restored disk full from previous backup (desperate measure)

did an erase ann on one of the boards, busy and release.

And we still getting a fast busy after we enter the extension, to record.

Its all still the same. no change. Im about to attemp to erase all the announcements and erase all recordings on the boards but, i have lots of vectors that I need to modify before I can do that. Any other thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Have you attempted to call the extension number of the announcement without dialing the FAC?
When we do announcements, we do the following:
ch ann (add ext #, name, 32khz and the TN750c board loc.)
Procedure:
Dial FAC
Dial 1 to record
Hangup

To rerecord;
FAC
Dial 3 to delete/erase
Dial 1 to record
hangup
This process should always be done this way. This ensures no possible corruption.

Is the extension # of the annc in the "list integr" form yet and how many secs are there on it?
Telcom1

if you do DISP ERR you will see an error in the annou in the AUD DATA this error tell you what is the corrupt announ
and erase only that annou

thats another issue, there are no errors showing on the switch with any of the announcement boards.

Do you have in change announcements field pro set to y or n?
If set to y then your announcement is protected and can not be changed.

Issue a list trace station xxxx command then dial the FAC the annoucement extension to re-create the error. You should see the reason when you're getting the fast busy tone. Check the error/denial event that occurs.

did you change the order of the announcements in the system?
in the ch announcements command - the announcements must line-up to what they really are:

announcement 1 - ext xxxx
announcement 2 - ext xxxx

can you dial the announcement extension directly and it works?..you just cant record over the existing ones?

pbxman
Systems Administrator

Please let Tek-Tips members know their posts were helpful.

You need a station with a COS set for Console Permissions to manage announcements. Then the default COR for announcements is 1 but yours may be set differently and someone could have made a change to COR 1 that is not allowing the station to access the announcements.

I'd like to thank everyone for helping on this. This is what fixed my problem:

we pulled out all the Cards (all at the same time) and re-inserted them back. after that, everything went fine. We have moved all the announcement to a VAL board now and have removed the 750C's. Again thank you for all you assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back