Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Announcement backup from G450

Status
Not open for further replies.

fondog2

Systems Engineer
Jan 19, 2006
US
Hello to all,
We are experiencing two issues that seem to lead to the same thing. We are currently on 8.1.3 CM and G450's are on firmware 41.36.0.31. I have tried through ASA and it produces an error could not create user name and password on file system. We are getting a similar error trying to use Control Manager. I know ASA is no longer supported but it should still work for copying and moving announcements. We opened a ticket with Avaya but it has been over a month and no true cause. They did turn on password authentication on the backend but it didn't resolve it so I don't see how it would matter. My login is prof 18 and has go shell access. Has anyone experienced this? One other item is that even though the gateway has been added to ACM you still can't play the announcements even though it see's them.

Thanks in advance.

Once I got onto CM 8, I could not manage announcements on g450s like I used to. I previously used WinSCP to copy files to/from gateways without issue but I'm no longer able to do that. Give it a try and see if you have better luck.

I have FIPS mode enabled on our gateways but I don't recall if I turned it off and still had trouble. The only way I can currently move files is to place the files on SMGR or Utility server and run the copy command on the gateway.

However, the copy command seems to have broken on 41.38.0 so I would advise staying on your current firmware.

Sean655,
Thank you. I am going to keep beating them up until they fix it, or move to 10 and see if it is resolved. What's crazy is I even tried the old way it it fails. See if this works on one of yours if you have a moment.

1. Access into the sat interface of the CM.
2. Locate VAL positions and IP Addresses.
3. Run enable filexfer.
4. Login: CM login
5. Password: CM password
6. Secure access? n.
7. Board: [write the board position].
8. Accept (F3.)
9. On PC where you want to backup,open a dedicated folder for having there the announcements.
10. Go to Start --> Run --> Type cmd.
11. On DOS session go to the folder that you created for announcements. Type cd and click and drag the folder into CMD. See screenshot below.
12. Run ftp [VAL IP Address]. Example ftp xx.xx.xx.xx)
13. Use login and password configured on CM (point 3).
14. Type bin (for going to binary mode),then type hash (to visualize the transfer process.)Example (bin #)
15. Type mget * .wav.Example ( mget 12345_New_Annc.wav)
16. Answer y when it asks you if you want to transfer the files.
17. Check if the folder now has the announcements backup.

FTP isn't allowed or enabled on the gateways/CM, SSH is the only way I can connect and SCP is the only way files can be transferred.
If you can connect to the g450 using WinSCP you'll be golden.

SoftwareRT,
No this is still not resolved. We have moved to R10 and still no joy. WinSCP doesn't work either and have sent that to Avaya as well. Support really is terrible with Avaya at this time as you can see this is September and they are just now sending to Tier 4 to review. We had to port mirror off the G450 to send them pcap traces which they stated FTP was being blocked but we proved that it wasn't and Sean655 also confirmed. Which is why ACM will not pull or play announcements. ACM sends an error that the announcement type or board is invalid because it can't get to it to pull it. When I find out I will update this thread.

Thank you,

So, if I understand correctly, you want to get all the announcements off of a MG 450?

If so, do you know if you can enable filexfer? If you can then I'll search my system for python code I wrote that downloads the .wav files.

Are you just trying with FTP protocol? SFTP on port 22 was what I used on WinSCP before Avaya broke it.

You could try copying each file one by one via G450 command line to a file server. It's tedious, but could be an option.
You could also put a USB stick in the gateway and copy the announcement files to that using the G450 command line.

Sean655,
FTP and SFTP does not work. WinSCP doesn't work. Trying it the old way using command line doesn't work. It seems to be the GW denying the connection. WinSCP kicks an error stating connection refused. We have a lot of announcements and why we are setting up ACM so we can manage but also setup up announcement groups. You have to build them in ACM first from what the doc reads.

Okay, the python code I have must be at home, but I have a near 100% way of getting your announcements if you can putty into the MG 450.

Step 1: Connect to your MG 450 using Putty,
Step 2: On the MG 450, connect a USB drive to the usb port,
Step 3: In putty, you'll see something like: usb device [name] full-speed, bus-powered connected...
Step 4: Enter the command [show usb all],
Step 5: You should see your usb connected (look at the last row for /usbdevice0 or similar under the column FileSystem) -- we want that FileSystem name,
Step 6: Enter the command [backup config usb usbdevice0 G450_Full_Backup] where usbdevice0 is the filesystem name and G450_Full_Backup is the folder to be created on the usb...,
Step 7: System will respond with 'Backup operations will .... Do you want to continue? Enter y,
Step 8: System will begin the process (should only take a second or two),
Step 9: When done, system will return back to the #: prompt.
Exit out of your putty, collect the usb and you will find all the .wave files on in a folder called G450_Full_Backup/GWANNC

Chas

P.S. I'll look for the python parmiko code I have and if I can find it, I'll load it up.

Forgive me, but is there a reason you can't use System Manager to download and manage the announcements, at least for the short term?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back