Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Announcement and Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechMC

MIS
Dec 9, 2003
US
Questions...

How do you display the whole annoucement instead of only the first few sentences of that annoucement.

Also, another question not having to do with Annoucements... the date is currently Month/day/year (7/1/2004). How do I set so thw date can look like July, 1 2004 or something different.

Thanks for the help.

As for the first part of the question, I believe you will need FrontPage 2003 to perform this modification. You may try some of the modifications under "Modify Web Part", but I dont think you will be able to do it from the browser.

As for the second half, I have never done it myself, but I would imagine that it could also be done in FrontPage 2003. But I am not 100% sure.

Hope that helps!

Hi guys
well the date part is easy but annoying, every site you create defaults to a US locale..(even if your portal is set to UK) Go to site settings site administration management and statistics and then change the regional settings.
The view I think you can control from the modify web part, at the moment I am just using the standard view and this seems to be showing me all of the items I am adding sorry..

For the second part, go to "Site Settings" on the top menu bar, "Go to Site Administration" in the Administration section, and "Change Regional Settings" in the Management and Statistics section. There you can change the time zone, date/time format, etc.

Sorry, missed the last post answering the date question.

The first part seems like it shouldn't be a problem - what are your settings in "Modify Shared Page" for that web part?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back