Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Annoucements - busy tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulreg

IS-IT--Management
Jul 9, 2003
GB
I have to set up some sort of automated attendant. I have found that my old Definity has some VDN/Vestors set up and I have found a list of annoucements set up as well but when I call any of the annoucements I get an engaged or busy tone. I tried creating a new annoucement and after dialing the FAC and the annoucement number from a phone with the correct COS I again get a busy tone. I have tried re-recording existing annoucements and get no errors during recording but when I try and call them I get the busy tone. The annoucement card is a TN750.
Thanks
Paulreg

Not sure if this is the right directions but make sure the name of the announcement is the same as you put in the announcement form. Do not put any .xxx in the name field.

I went into Change Announcements and added a new line. I named the Announcement "Test". Do I have to do anything else ?
Thanks
Paulreg

I would call it in to Avaya if you have maintenance. TN750's get corrupted all the time that's why VALs are so much better and they hold a lot more announcements

Looks like hardware then.
We don't have a support contract.
Do you know whether anyone supplies TN750s or VALs 2nd hand ?
Many thanks
Paulreg

Its working !
I reseated the TN750 and re-recorded a message. At first I got the engaged tone again but after a short wait I was able to play the annoucement. Seems you have to wait a bit after recording an annoucement or you get an engaged tone.
Thanks
Paulreg

We still use 3 of the TN750's in our PBX. They do work good. I have had problems in the past but it is usually caused during recording new messages. Typically, if the message is erased first - then wait a minute & record the new message they seem to do real well. Also, if the board has alot of messages recorded - do a list integrated and see "Time Remaining" prior to recording. If the board locks up - and all else fails remove and reseat the board. Glad you got it working - but I just had a minute to kill & share my thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back