Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Annc for unassigned DIDs 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoGirl

Programmer
Aug 16, 2004
US
Hello all! Could someone suggest the most efficient way to set up an announcement system for unassigned DIDs? I have about 100 unused DIDs that need to have an announcement played for when people try to call them. Should I just set them all up as VDNs, pointing to a vector with the one announcement? Or is there a better method? Thank you in advance for any input!

Marie Curie

cha sys fea; put the announcement number in the field for DID/Tie/ISDN Intercept Treatment.

Susan
"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example." - Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson (1894)

Susan,

Works perfect! Thank you.

Marie Curie

This apparently doesn't work for ISDN PRI. I have DID/Tie/ISDN Intercept Treatment set to "attd", but when I dial an unused DID (from external), I get a SIT tone, with "We're sorry, your call did not go through...". As soon as I assign an extension or vdn for the DID, the call goes through normally.

Hi cwjr

All of my trunks are isdn-pri and the "attd" entry sends all unassigned DID calls directly to my attendant. I'm not sure what's wrong with yours but wanted you to know it works at my installation.

Mike

Mike,

Thanks. It must be something else... Oh well, I'm not really needing this, but when I saw the thread, I thought it would be "nice to have...".

CW

Please don't give up on this.... does anybody else have any ideas as to why this might not work. I have a new 8500 with exactly this probelm. DID/Tie/ISDN/SIP Intercept Treatment is set to attd but I get the "sorry.." message.

Help??

Terry

folks that are having this issue with unassigned DIDs on ISDN that are not going to attendant. You should be able to add a INCOMING CALL HANDLING TREATMENT entry to convert the unused DID range to "0" and try it that way.

Its obviously something with the Q931 messages the system is handing back to the carrier. I have not seen this on the inbound side, but I have seen this on outbound. I get an "all circuits busy message" but the switch only sees the denial, and disconnects the call before the internal caller can hear the message.

RTMCKEE

CM 2.1.1
Prologix R9.05
Modular Messaging 1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back