Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Animation on Powerpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

puredesi5

Programmer
Sep 26, 2001
US
Hi,
Does anyone know how can I get animation to work on my powerrpoint presentation. I have a gif file, when it's opened in a browser, animation works. When I copy same file on Powerpoint and start presentation, I get still picture, no animation. Can anyone help

What kind of animation is it in the browser? Is it like a video clip? When I think of PowerPoint animation I think of the selected image or text sliding in, or flashing or crawling, etc. If you go into the Slide show menu and choose custom animation, you can pick from a list of animation choices after you select the item to animate. I hope this helps, if not let me know. Dawn

I think puredesi5 is talking about an animated GIF (or AVI)file. You can see the animated ones available through INSERT-PICTURE-CLIPART and choose the VIDEO tab.

Its possibly worth looking at the following link, because they have animated pictures, which you can put into a slideshow and animate:

Thanks to both of you (Hasit & Dawnd3). I found out that animated GIF file do not animate on POwerpoint. It has to be type avi file.

I assume you're working in PPT97, 97 does not support animated gif files. That feature is available in 2000. Sorry for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back