Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Animation in image ready

Status
Not open for further replies.

okpeery

Instructor
Dec 29, 2005
US
I am taking a class and we are doing animation in image ready. We have done a simple 6 step animation when the letters come together. We set the opacity for 20% in the beginning and 100% at the end. We used tween. When we play it in image ready the opacity comes through. When we preview in a browser the animation works except for the opacity. any ideas.

Do you mean that background is supposed to be transparent (so only the letters show up) or that the letters themselves are transparent and then fade into view?

If it's the latter, i don't believe that web browsers support multiple levels of transparency, they're either 100% opaque or 0%.

a possible way around this would be to set the background and letter color to the same color of the web page background (for example, everything being white) and then have the letters slowly change from that color to another (like red). So you get the illusion that the letters are fading into view.

I don't know if I answered your question exactly, but I hope it helps a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back