Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Animating Layered Images

Status
Not open for further replies.

defylogic

Technical User
Mar 4, 2002
US
I have created 20 images in photoshop which are 640x480 in size. The background is black and there is text in the middle with a sorta smoke down and to the right of it. Each image has the smoke with the text in the same place and I need to get the smoke to come towards the image and sorta get sucked into the text. Each image has the smoke coming closer with the text in the same place.I basically need to animate the layers so it apears that smoke appears to be coming towards the text. If it is still unclear let me know.
Thanks for any help

You could use the gif animator included with photoshop to run your layers in sequence and then import the gif sequence. The program is called Image Ready and can be found were your photoshop is installed on your system. If its not there reinstall and you'll be given the option to install it

Hmmmm...
Are you talking about doing a Tiff sequence? That would playback all your layers in AE with desired effect. Save your layers to TIFF and import them as a tiff sequence. I have only done this once and can't remember the exact import method. you may have to save the images as a TIFF Photoshop sequence and import into AE as such.

Hope this helps-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back