Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

animated globe

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2k1981

Programmer
Aug 2, 2002
IE
I don't know if there's an animation shop forum here, or if this included animation shop, but anyway, here's my question. I want to make an animated globe, similar to that on I've made an attempt, it's at - but it's a little "jump" to say the least! I created the circle, and then created the horizontal lines. I converted all this to raster and merged them together. I then created another layer, vector this time and created circles for the vertical lines. Then I rotated the image to the left. I made serveral copies of it and in each one, I moved each co-ordinate of the three vertical circles a little to the right and also brought in a fourt circle. I realize now that I need to make sure that all of the vertical circles are the same distance apart so that they meet up exactly and the animation looks flawless. Can anybody tell me how to do that, or give me any tips/tricks on how to achieve a better effect?

I hope I've explained this ok. I know it sounds confusing, but if you look at the example that I've done, you'll see what I mean. I'd really appreciate any help. It doesn't need to have the same 3D, "empty" kind of look that the one on adobe has (in other words, you don't have to be able to see the lines on the other side of the globe)

thanks everybody!!!!!

Ok.. not sure how to approach this one. I have done MANY rotating objects in AShop. Most of mine either rotate horizontally or vertically and use a "wipe" effect for smooth transitioning.

What I would suggest is this. Create the animation frames in PSP using seperate layers for each frame. Use guides and create, on a seperate layer of course, a couple "dots" which you can use as reference points for alignment. When you are ready to export to AShop, hide the "dots" layer, and make certain that you have layered images set to import as seperate frames.

Hope this helps!

As gatorlunatic posted, guides is the best approach. You can set a vertical and horizontal guide. Then set the snap to, to center. That way you can place the animation element in the exact same spot each and every time.

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back