Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Animated GIF in element with ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

williamu

Programmer
Apr 8, 2002
GB
Hi All,

I have an animated GIF contained within an invisible DIV tag, however, when this tag is made visible the Animation does not play in I.E. but it does in FF and NS.

Does anyone know why and is there a fix for this?

Thanks for that but I see no relevance to my situation here as I am using a style with visibility:hidden; to hide the DIV that contains the image. In addition to this the image height and width are both known and set within the IMG tag.

Or have I missed something.

I'd hazard a guess that in IE, the animation plays while the image is hidden, so when you show it, the animation has already finished. This being the case, the work-around is obvious: when unhiding the DIV, re-set the img serc to itself using JavaScript.

Hope this helps,
Dan

[tt]Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch
[/tt]

Ok I can see the logic in that BillyRay I'll give that a go but the image is a perpetual loop animation, but worth a try all the same. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back