Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ANIMATED ACTIONS WITH BUTTONS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

t5pete

Technical User
Mar 20, 2001
US
hELP,
Im trying to make an animation pop up, like spinning text or something a little bit intersting upon rollover of a button. So, you roll over the button and a cool lil animation pops up
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
t5

Are you asking for help with the animation or help with how to get it to work on mouse over...? funkymonk B-)

rod@sameplanet.co.uk

Yes, the latter, Im trying to get an animation to play when i do a mouse over,do I need to make the animation from a tween to a movie clip first? Im having a hard time getting tweens (when saved as movie clips) to play.
thanks,
t5

Wouldn't know why your having a hard time getting movie clips to play. Oh well, this is how you target a movie clip to play from a button:

1) Once you have your movie clip, drag a copy of it onto the stage, make sure you have a stop(); action on the first frame of your movie clip and the frame where you want it to stop (tip: if you want it to loop continuously then put a goto action on the last frame and send it to frame 2 so you miss the stop action on the first frame). Select it and give it a name (Flash 5; symbol instance, Flash MX; properties)

2) Now drag your button to the stage, right click and choose actions. Enter this code into the actions window for your button:

on (rollOver) {
yourclip.gotoAndPlay (2);
}
on (rollOut) {
yourclip.gotoAndStop (1);
}

Now go to control/test movie (ctrl/enter) to test it.

Good luck.... funkymonk B-)

rod@sameplanet.co.uk

Thank you , I was trying to attach a text fade to a button and was scripting wrong. I knew it was something small...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back