Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ANI Test Numbers 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

telnettech

Vendor
May 5, 2005
US
looking for a toll free or LD number to call to ANI telco lines. Prefer it to be a QWEST or MCI number as this seems to be the area that we are needing this for.

Brian

To error is human.....if the machine doesnt work, then KICK IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks ISDN you always come thru.......i tried the search feature on this site before cause i remember seeing this posted before but it never returned the thread you pointed me to.......

Brian

The ID number that has worked the longest is: 1010732-1770-988-9664.
Since this number NEVER supervises as a completed call, there is no charge....

The toll free ID numbers seem to only work for a short period of time then they are disconnected.. especially the AT&T Corp. ones! I have two MCI numbers that are currently working:

800-314-4258
800-289-6722

Also in the ILEC area for Pacific Bell/SBC/AT&T Inc : 959-1122
for GTE CA/Verizon: 959-1114
for a CLEC Cox Cable in CA: 311

I don't know what Qwest the ILEC uses, if you have access to Qwest ILEC dialtone you could find out by searching thru 959-0000 thru 9999 to find it.

NANPA reserved NXXs 958 and 959 for local telco test use only. The 959 seems to be the choice for ID, and 958 is the Touch-Tone™ and ringback test choice in California for 5ESS and DMS100 switches. The exception is GTE/Verizon they use 111+4D.

Hope this helps!

....JIM....

As a Verizon Employee, please use a cell phone as opposed to sticking us with the toll-free charges.

The numbers posted on this site are for the purpose of Customer's servicing their accounts, not for you to test lines.

a cell phone wont work if your masking the out going number in a PBX. but will work on POTS.

Call your local telco or who you get the line from they can give you a test numbers.

achuchman,

who do you think the customer calls when they are servicing their lines. That is what we do. So it is important that we share this with each other and not wait on the line for 10 to 30 minutes to someone in the repair office to ask this same question when they can help another "customer" that is ready to report trouble on their lines. There are alot of sites in the US that dont have the lines marked correctly on the Dmarc. It is stupid to tell a customer that we cant fix the trouble or even report it to the local Telco provider because the Dmarc is not correct. They will not listen to that. And if we call to ask for the Dmarc to be redone, then it may be 24 hours or longer before it is completed.

Brian

What cost to Worldcom(MCI) for toll free numbers?? Taking the money from one pocket to another?

Any cost to them, if any, is a write off! Any usage generated by IDing line numbers is so minimal compared to time spent "ON HOLD", the idea is stupid!!

Especially when CPE repair techs can't even get cable pair/binding post/lug info to locate the lines from the begining when trying to find/fix broken lines and jumpers/blocks are not tagged or marked @ the MPOE! You call GTE/Verizon's "toll free" number for repair (what ever happened to 611??) and go thru that ridiculous IVR and get some call center in some state far away, knows nothing about local geography. They give you some line of noise, and they can't understand why you get upset with them. Well those of us that grew up with the GTE(GROSS TELEPHONE EXPERIENCE), know only too well how bad they were/are as if anything has really changed just because they put the name Verizon in its place! The poor Bell Atlantic "head" really doesn't know how good they have it compared to what history GTE has, especially in California.

But one of the problems in this country is people either ignore or forget history! Then wonder why!!!

Or they give this line of bull fecal matter about national security!!

Give me a break people.......

If you could get the Lec's to actually LABEL the numbers they drop in, that would cut the calls in to your precious 800 number by 50%.

He's worried about the 800 Usage but he shoukld concentrate on Quality work done by his fellow Verizon coworkers. If I had a dollar for every trouble CAUSED by verizon I could retire haha

a star for both y'all thats telling him. and hundred percent true.

0.03 Inflated "cost" per call to carrier
8800 Forum members
$264 Cost if every forum member called it once
$880 Added cost if 25% of the 8800 forum members used the number 40 more times

$1144 Cost of scenario

So what is the cost of lost business if one person that needed it could not use it?

~

What cost? NO cost, the trunks weren't ATB!!! The MCI numbers go to customer service, and they have several, and they probably go to different call centers. We would not be the only ones calling anyway. I'm sure some of the public have figured out they can use them also.

No loss to Worldcom, what about the BILLIONS that they ripped off!!! $1144.00, that does not even register.......

ATB, at least from the perspective of a CO tech, stands for All Trunks Busy. Not sure if that is what Syquest meant. [ponder]

That is what I meant, ATB = All Trunks Busy...

Typically, in large and multi call center set ups trunking is arranged so the caller won't get a busy, by overflowing to other locations or trunk groups. So unless the entire network is down, you won't get a busy unless the final is truly out of trunks.

....JIM....

try:

1010-732-1770-988-9664

this # works pretty much on any carrier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back