Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ANI Test Numbers 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

telnettech

Vendor
May 5, 2005
US
looking for a toll free or LD number to call to ANI telco lines. Prefer it to be a QWEST or MCI number as this seems to be the area that we are needing this for.

Brian

To error is human.....if the machine doesnt work, then KICK IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, since this group isn't overflowing, I'll respond to SYQUEST.... I certainly agreed with you all along...When I said "someone who needed it could'nt use it" - I meant because the number had been kept from them. To be concerned about the cost of that number is like stepping over dollars to pick up dimes.

Here's an equally insignificant number in the scheme of things: If half of the Verizon employees made it a point to reduce LD calls by only 3 minutes per month, using a rate of 1/2 cent/minute, it would save nearly 10 times more than what I estimated the impact of the postings will have"

108500 * 12 * 3 * .005 = $19530

Now think of salary costs: They pay about $175 per second, 365 days per year, 24 hours per day to make payroll.

My $1144 is starting to look more like the sarcasm it was intended as.

~

But if I see your point, the percentage impact is so minor, that it hardly seems worth the effort. I was curious, so I did the math:

Salary = $5,518,800,000

LD savings = $19,530

Average salary = $50,864.52

Overall percent of savings = .000353881%

Wow! That would really get people motivated to make a change if you put it in those terms (please note excessive amounts of sarcasm).

Scott M.

Disclaimer: All figures are approximate and based on facts found within this post. Poster assumes no liability if numbers (the salary, not the math) are not correct.

Calling 800 # to ID line 10 seconds & 1/2 cent (maybe) more like 1/4 cent

Calling Verizon, MCI, ect.. to ID a line and going through voice mail He.. for about 15 minutes.....PRICELESS

Well, I don't want to inflate salary, so here is the calculation

175*60*60*24*365

answer/(108500+108500) 2 x (half of the employees)
25432 average annual salary estimate

Headcount from here:

I hope they are reading and taking notes, cuz normally a person would be charging consulting fees to do this financial anal-isis

~

Oops, I missed the "half of Verizon part"

That really begs a question then, if that is the average, what are the people at the bottom of the pay scale making? Minimum wage is $10,712 a year ($5.15 an hour), so to me a company like Verizon should have a higher average than that.

Oh well, great fodder for a forum topic that has certainly deviated from the original topic.

Thanks for the great info Gene.

Scott M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back