Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ANI not carrying through call transfer POTS->VOIP->POTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

iuman

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2001
US
My problem is that the originating number is not carrying through when a call originates from the PSTN to an IP phone and then is transferred back to a non-ip phone off of our PBX. I've tried every other scenario that I can think of, and the only time there is a problem is when the call routes POTS->VOIP->POTS.

I'm on CM 3.2 using a H.323 gateway connecting to a DMS-100

Hi,
Can you provide more details on the Call flow? For example, does the callerid problem occur only when the incoming call is transferred to the non-IP phone on a "Forward No Answer". OR does it happen when the IP phone user performs a supervised transfer? Also, what is the Calling Party selection field set to, in the gateway's H.323 configuration in CM administration? Since the originating number does not show up, what number do you actually see or does the display just indicate caller id as "Unknown".

It occurs when the ip phone user does a supervised or blind transfer. The calling party selection field is set to originator in CM administration.

What shows is the ip phone number that actually did the transfer, not the actual originator.

What is really weird about this is that it works correctly when a call goes voip->voip->pots. The originating voip number is shown to the terminating pots phone.

Hello iuman,
Sorry I was on vacation and did not read your last message! Do you still need help with this? If not, what finally resolved the issue?

Still having the same problem. Any ideas? Thanks in advance

Finally fixed this problem. It turned out this was a known bug with our voice mail system that was originating the call. Long story, but suffice to say a little reconfiguraiton in our call routing fixed the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back