Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ANI and DNIS outputed as DTMF 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotty24

MIS
Jan 24, 2003
US
I have an alarm monitoring receiver that can utilize the incoming ANI and DNIS info for further routing. I am currently just using the DNIS and outputting this to my equipment via a converse on step in a vector.It looks like this when it's outputted from the conversant, DNIS#. Here is my problem. In order for my equipment to use both ANI and DNIS it needs to hear *ANI*DNIS*.I can't figure out how to proceed my ANI with the *. I'm told that the *ANI*DNIS* is an industry standard that I should be able to duplicate.

G3rV11

I belive that this is a choice on the trunk group form (I think it's on page 2)......

Susan
Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer. - Mark Twain

You could converse on passing ani and Dnis, however, in order to get the * you may want to try to change the "Reverse Star/Pound Digit For Collect Step? n" to yes in the system features form under vectoring. Try to flip the */# option to Yes for * instead of the default # it is currently set for.

VECTORING
Converse First Data Delay: 0 Second Data Delay: 2
Converse Signaling Tone (msec): 100 Pause (msec): 70
Prompting Timeout (secs): 4

Reverse Star/Pound Digit For Collect Step? n

Remember this is global for the switch, so changing this may affect any other vectors with prompting.

Netcon1

Short of that, see if the alarm manufacturer can modify the code * option and detect # instead.

Mark if useful!!!

I have tried the reverse *# before but I still don't know how to proceed the ANI DNIS with a *. The receiver manufacturer is basically telling me its my problem. Thanks for the feedback.

This might sound silly, but can't you just use two vector steps?
onverse-on skill xxx pri m passing * and ANI
onverse-on skill xxx pri m passing * and VDN

I tried two vector steps and the switch ignores the second step.

Hmmm... bump.

Does the equpment just need to hear *ANI*DNIS* ?
Could you not just have the conversant play it back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back