Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Android Equinox 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

davea2

Technical User
Mar 14, 2005
GB
Hi

I have Equinox installed on my Android phone and it works great, however if I do not wish to take calls etc. I close it down, Manu -> Exit
However quite often and with increasing frequency it will just start iself up again.
Sometimes I just get a notification that Equinox is using the microphone without the app starting.

Really annoying.

Mostly if my phone has been idle, and then I open up my emails, for example, Equinox will start up!

Any ideas?

Cheers!

It happens on my Android as well but as i am getting older (60+) i presumed it was i to be a fool with that phone....

I haven't had issues with it by Menu -> Exit, then opening the application manager on the phone and closing the application, as it is running in the background. On the Samsung phones, it's the button on the left side of the menu bar by default to open the application manager.

Sometimes mine even pops up again when I shut it down with the app manager, even by itself or using 'Close all Apps'

It's like it doesn't actually get shut down properly

UPDATE:

Recently I was getting Equinox starting up when I opened other apps, most notably Snapchat and Reddit. I rebooted into (Stock) Android Recovery Mode and cleared my cache. This seems to have resolved that over the last week. I am using a Galaxy Note 8, your mileage and recovery menu boot process may vary.

Galaxy Note 8 recovery-mode boot process:
1. Hold the power/lock button until prompted to shut down / reboot / cancel and select shut down.
2. Once phone is powered off, hold down the power/lock button + Bixby Button + Volume Up
3. Phone will be come to a blue screen (on Android Pie) stating "Updating System" or similar
4. Eventually, you might see the Android robot with an error. This is okay, no ADB commands were run.
5. You will come then come to a Linux-esq menu. Use the volume buttons to navigate.
6. Select Clear Cache Partition by pressing the power button while hovering over it.
7. After a few seconds, it will advise that this has been completed. Navigate to restart phone.
8. Boot and use as normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back