Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

and now to ghost win 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

robmazco

IS-IT--Management
Jan 24, 2008
US
So I see alot of these kinds of pages -
or

Ive create the .XML answer file easy enough.

Has anyone used these steps to create an image for Ghost?
If so, what steps did you follow?

Also, one step I missed was the step to install 7, then at username screen use ctrl-shft-F3 to go into audit mode. Can we create an image even though I did not do this?

thanks in advance

Ghost 8.0 is what we have, it hates win 7 images. Oh well.
Guess we will just create a network image, theres a great tutorial provided with WAIK.

Hi

I have used Ghost for years.
I'm pretty sure you need to have Ghost 15 to use with Windows 7.

At least I couldn't use my old Ghost 10 with it.

Once I installed Ghost 15 the downloaded ISO file from Norton created a disk that booted my computer with no problem at all.

If you download the Software there is a link to the ISO right under the software link.

Mike

what exactly are you trying to do with the image?
are you deploying in multiple computers or are you just cloning a harddrive?

Setting up for multiple deployment.

Since out version of ghost wont work, Im just gonna prep it and save it out on a network image.
I dont think they are getting a new version of ghost anytime soon.

Well corporate will be using ghost. So they have updated and I ran a test ghost image with win 7, worked perfectly.
But as for sysprep and all that jazz, it didnt do much of how I built it.
System came up with all neccessary drivers and such, but didnt join domain and things like that.

For Win 7, the steps say to the windows load in 'audit' mode. Do all your settings, then reseal with sysprep.
Will it work without audit mode? Why cant I just build my image, copy my sysprep answer file to the sysprep folder and seal it up?
Seems to me if you get something wrong, you need to start from scratch to redo all youve done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back