Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anchors for Avaya Partner 2 Slot Carrier

Status
Not open for further replies.

danmb

Programmer
May 31, 2003
US
Hi,

Could some kind soul tell me what size drywall anchors are recommended for the Avaya Partner 2 Slot Carrier, Model # 700447865, and how many are required? Both slots will be used.

39315_1_px6gca.jpg

Would a #8 x 1 1/4" screw and drywall anchor be sufficient? Everbilt ribbed plastic anchors.

Thanks in advance.

The 2 slot carrier is NOT to be mounted to the wall like a 5 slot. The Processor module is attached first, making sure that you install the screw through the back of the carrier into the back of the module. Then screw the Processor flat to the wall, using a #8 sheet metal screw through the top hole and into the backboard. Do NOT put a screw into the bottom hole. Connect the 2nd module, install the screw through the back of the module to hold it to the carrier, and then use LONG #8 sheet metal screw to go through the bottom holes of both modules and into the backbboard.

2-slot_uh2aj5.jpg

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, it's been quite some time since it was mounted, I don't do this sort of thing every day. It has to be relocated.

Would you know where I can get the screws and especially the anchors needed? Don't want to pull them out of the wall....

Thanks again.

The screws are included in the bracket. One short one reaching though 1 module into the wall and one long screw that goes through both modules.

If you don't have them then I think the long one is 3 1/2 inches or so

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back