Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Anchor references in the URL 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verbetex

Programmer
Apr 18, 2002
GB
Hi

I've got a php script that processes some information etc... when the script finishes, it redirects to a page using:

header("Location: ../" . $address);
Where address would be something like "mypage.phtml#end"

This is where the problem is, when I goto this page using IE, the anchor tag does not get processed and the #end doesn't get passed.

It works in Mozilla Firebird, but not in IE.

Any suggestions of ways to fix this?

Cheers

internet explorer is funny like that, I have had to do this before, what I did was place a little javascript at the end of the page:

<script>
document.location="#end";
</script>

I did it with RRR Auto Sales when you click on View to expand the vehicle information, it jumps to the vehicle:
B

btaber,

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this little gem, it saved me from jumping in front of a truck!!! (Well, it wan't *that* bad... but you saved me a lot of time).
minkisi

'internet explorer is funny like that, I have had to do this before, what I did was place a little javascript at the end of the page:

<script>
document.location="#end";
</script>

I did it with RRR Auto Sales when you click on View to expand the vehicle information, it jumps to the vehicle:

In genenral as well with Location: give the full URL e.g. some web servers (xtami for example) don't handle it well. I belive the HTTP spec says you should do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back