Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analyze and Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tompricho

Technical User
Nov 27, 2002
US
Hi

On pass 4 of the analyze and fix the elapsed time has
stopped on the step 'Validating the Security System'.

Is this normal - I know that this can run for a long time
but has anyone any idea just how long ?

Thanks in advance

For my situation, 10 or 15 minutes is not unusual. This has (I think) a lot to do with our network that is optimized for large files and can get quite slow for lots of small files.

After step 4, it looks like nothing happens. This step can also take 5 minutes easily. However, in the end, it normally terminates with "no errors or inconsistencies."

Best regards

It really depends on the size of your database and as DonQuichote stated previously... how your network is configured and optimized. I have supported VSS for a number of years and have seen some database take as long as 12 hours. How large is your database? Are you running Analyze localy or remotely?

Let me know and I 'll do my best to see if we can speed it up. You should also check to make sure your anti virus software is off :)

Hope that helps,

Brett Keown
VSS / Team Development
Microsoft Developer Communities Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back