Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analysis Services Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick76

IS-IT--Management
Jul 15, 2020
GB
Hi All

Great forum. I have just joined. Hoping someone can help me please.

I have created an Action in SSAS 2014 that can be used to navigate to a URL from within Excel when browsing a cube. It uses MDX. I know very little MDX but managed to get it working.

Here is the code
"+ [dash sap crm Visits].[sap link visit].currentmember.member_caption
+ "&param.Type=COD_VISIT_TT&sapbyd-agent=TAB"

The problem I have is that the sap_link_visit field I pass to the URL can contain a code for either visits or phone calls. These both have different URLS. I need to write an IF statement so that if the visit_type is phone_call it uses one URL and if the visit_type is a visit it uses another. In simple english this is what I am trying to do..........

IF visit_type = 'visit'
THEN
"+ [dash sap crm Visits].[sap link visit].currentmember.member_caption
+ "&param.Type=COD_VISIT_TT&sapbyd-agent=TAB"

ELSE IF visit_type = 'phone call'
THEN
"+ [dash sap crm Visits].[sap link visit].currentmember.member_caption + "&param.Type=COD_PHONECALL&sapbyd-agent=TAB"

I have created a work around that simply uses 2 different Actions but this is not ideal as it requires the end user to know that the are looking at a visit record or a phone call record.

Hope someone can help and thank you

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back