Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analogue trunks not always ringing (412 2.1.35) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ba55y

Technical User
Apr 4, 2005
GB
Hi,

i have a reacuring problem at a site were the analogue lines in will suddenly stop ringing if you put a lju before the 412 and plug a phone in when a call comes in the phone will ring every time but the ip office will not. We have tried ring boosters,new modules even a new ccu,changed the line type from earth calling to loop disc however this does not happen all the time but when it does you cant get a trace of it as the system is not seeing the calls presented to the 412

any idea's

Since you indicated "earth calling" I'm presuming you have an analog module. I would look at this as the possible problem. It may be a module that is going bad. Either that or check the ring voltage to ensure it's within the parameters that the IP Office is looking for. If you're not seeing it in call trace, the IP Office isn't recognizing a call is inbound.

I'm not sure off hand what the ring voltage parameters is either.

Also Make sure that the Call on the trunk is not being sent to a destination that should return Busy (eg a group without Queuing or VM).
it is not possible to return Busy to an analog triunk but the IPO will not process the ring singnal once the destination becomes free.

Ah, thanks Perv2, I figured someone knew where Avaya had it hidden. Good document to have on hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back