Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analogue telephone pulse tone not working 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaridMcs

Technical User
Mar 13, 2009
EG

Facts:

1- CS1000M RLS 4.5 SG.

2- New installation

3- Latest DEP List is installed.

4- All analogue lines are working when the telephone sets using dial tone.

Problem:

While changing the analogue telephone from tone to pulse and programming the line to work as pulse tone ( CLS DIP) the telephone can’t dial and we receive the same tone, also we have change the telephone set with anther one and the problem still the same.

why are you going pulse? are you changing your trunks to pulse

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

thanks john to reply
its intrnal lins not trunks

Something isn't right about this whole idea. What are you trying to accomplish and maybe we can solve it.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

the analog telephone can't dial in pulse to other telephone

So you want a phone that can recieve incoming, but cannot make any outgoing calls? In that case:

CLS MNL
or
FTR HOT D n yyyy where yyyy is a number that does not exist.

[©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators

thanks GHTROUT
in outgoing calls no problem
put between internal lins can't dial pulse (500)

You still have not made it clear what you wish to accomplish. I believe it is the language barrier.

1. Tell us what call you do not to allow.

2. Tell us why pulse is important.

Other brand support pulse or tone to dial
in the CS1000M RLS 4.5 SG ,Is there thing like patch to solve that case

There is nothing to "solve" because DIP isn't used anywhere, for any reason. All of your phones are DTMF.

I know this may seem a silly question....But as usual I'll ask - Those analogue phones you are wanting to use as pulse is'nt there a toggle/dip setting on the analogue phones or are these alrady a rotary dial type ?

If the '500' TN/Port CLS is set to DIP, if your Analgoue phones are set top DTMF they won't break dial tone but there maybe the facility to change it as above

Cheers!!

When CLS change to DIP telphone not't Working in pulse or tone

I thought your initial post suggested DTMF was working and it was just pulse causing the problem ? you have checked phone DIP switch settings I guess when you change CLS to 'DIP'

Cheers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back