Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analogue Recording of KXTD Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Kolbe

Technical User
Oct 21, 2017
ZA
Good Day.
My Client has a Panasonic KX-TDA100 PABX, Populated as follows:
1 x PSU-M
1 x LCOT16
1 x DLC16
2 x SLC16
1 x CSIF8
1 x IPCMPR

They also have a KV-TVM200 Voicemail system.

Most of the extensions are analogue, but they do have several extensions that are digital (With KXDT321 Phones).

They have a 8 Channel Phone Card in one of their PC's, that is hooked up in parallel with some of their Analogue Extensions (Extension Numbers starting with 100), to automatically record the incoming and outgoing audio (it uses Voltage or Audio Level detection to activate the recording). And it works well for that.

They have asked for us to implement recording on the Digital extensions (Numbers in the 200) as well. I have tried hooking their recorder up to the Digital Extensions, but all I get is a lot of digital noise, and can barely hear any audio.

Is there a way to accomplish this (Somehow automatically mirror the digital port to an analogue port), or is there some other way to get it to automatically record (even if we can somehow send it to a computer on the same LAN segment to record with some other software)?

Thanks
Peter

I find doing call recording on KX-TDA series very expensive and very involving. I am afraid, i am not sure if its possible with digital extensions. You could upgrade to KX-NS500/1000. I most cases for clients with recording requirements for all extensions i have found my self replacing the system with Asterisk which has inbuilt recording feature and a VoIP Intergrated Access Device (IAD) to accommodate all analog extensions and replaced digital sets with IP Sets.

If the Digital extensions where few, i would replace them with analog extensions (that would inturn act as analog trunks to an asterisk server)but maintain the extension numbers of the digital sets. You would then replace the digital sets with SIP end points and record the calls from Asterisk. This is have done and works flawlessly.

Someone with a better approach can share his/her experience.

We use line side recording and if required there is extra software to capture the smdr and match the calls to extension. It does not record internal calls just external ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back