Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analogue recorder with Dialog 42xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gezaba

Technical User
Mar 4, 2004
Does anyone have a good (smart) idea how to connect an analogue voice recorder to the Dialog 42xx family? There is no Option Unit for this family yet, and if it will be ready, it will not have analogue output for recording purposes. In the given axample both, the handset and the headset are used alternatively (typical for Call Centres).

On the 32xx series an analogue output was available on pin 1&6 of the RJ11 port of the telephone. The option unit was not necessarily required to support an analogue output. I have no experience on the 42xx series, but it may have similar funcionality?

Hi megglesfield,

Thanks for the tip, we will try this. But as far as I know, the "pin 1&6" solution was not used in the 32xx series, but in an earlier family of digital system phones.

You could try using a splitter (or an RJ-11 1 to 2 connector) on the handset connection. One connection goes to the handset, the other to the analogue recording device. You may need to amplify the signal, but these amplifiers can be bought off the shelf I'm pretty sure.

This was how we recorded our 3000 series phones, we didn't use the option unit. Haven't tried yet with the 4000 series phones, but I can't see it being a problem. It's just an analogue signal to the handset.

Enjoy
Shitdrummer

Hi shitdrummer,

This solution works of course, but it is not smart. In the meantime I asked Ericsson and I was told in the next future Ericsson will offer a solution. Let it see...

There is an option unit for the Dialog 4000 series of Digital telephones available now and yes it has no output for connecting a recorder.

Ericsson is working on a solution for this that is planned to be launched in a couple of weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back