Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

analogue ports 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siilver

IS-IT--Management
Dec 2, 2002
CA
Hello all,

I have a Meridian systeme with option 11.
I want to add an analogue port so that couple of my users
could use this extension to do some bank transfer with there modem. anyone can help? I able to do almost everything on the digital side but analogue i never done it before. Right now the only thing running on our analogue card is the overflow or emergency line.

thanks
Luc

Excerpt from a guide I wrote. I hope it helps.

Mike

17. FINDING AN AVAILABLE TN (ANALOG):

Before we can create the Analog line, there are a couple of things we need to have. We need an available Analog TN and an available DN. We also must know if we are creating a Modem or FAX line. For our example, we will work with a Modem line. We also need to know if the Modem is outbound only, or both inbound and outbound. For our example, we will use an outbound only line. We also need to know whom the new Modem is for. For our example, we will use Steven Mallard, again. We also need to know what seat number our new person will be assigned. For our example, Steven will sit at 211A, but the modem will connect to 211B.

To find an available TN for an Analog line, we need to be in LD 20. At the REQ: prompt, type in LUVU. This is Meridian’s command for List Unused Voice Units. At the TYPE: prompt, type in 500. This will tell the system we want the Unused Voice Units available for an Analog line. At the TN prompt, I recommend we leave this field blank and hit The Enter key. At the CDEN prompt, hit the Enter key. This will give us a list of all of your available Digital TN’s for the entire system. This will also give us an idea of how many resources are available and if we need to start thinking about purchasing more equipment. Below is an example of what we should see.

REQ: LUVU
TYPE: 500
TN
CDEN
TYPE 500 TN 019 0 00 02 4D
TYPE 500 TN 019 0 00 08 4D
TYPE 500 TN 019 0 00 12 4D

REQ:

As we can see in our example, the Las Vegas Call Center has approximately 3 available TN’s for Digital telesets. It is very likely Las Vegas will need to purchase more Analog cards for the PBX in the near future.

18. CREATING A NEW MERIDIAN MODEM (ANALOG):

Creating an Analog line for a modem or a FAX machine is the same process for creating a Digital line with a couple of exceptions. There will be no rollover line and no voicemail. We will need a TN and DN picked out before building the Analog line. We also need to know what the Analog line is being used for. If it is for a FAX machine, it will need a DID number. If it is for a modem for a PC, we need to ask if it for outbound dialing or if it will be called from the outside as well. If it does not need to be dialed from the outside, then give them an internal extension instead of a DID extension.

So, now we have a list of our available Analog TN’s. Let’s pick one. For our example, we will use TN 19 2 and DN 2047. Our copy TN will be 19 6, an existing Analog line used for a modem.

In LD 20, at the REQ: prompt, type CPY 1. At the TYPE: prompt, type 500. This tells the system we are creating an Analog line. At the CFTN prompt, type the TN we are copying from. In our example, type 19 6. This is the Analog TN we are making a copy from. At the TN prompt, type the new TN we picked. In our example, type 19 2. This is the new TN we selected. At the DN prompt, type the new DN we picked. In our example, type 2047. This is the new extension number we want to create. Below is how it should look to us when we are done.

REQ: CPY 1
MARP NOT ACTIVATED
CFTN 19 6
DES 211AGR
*** MAKE PRINTER READY ***
TN 19 2
DN 2047
NEW 500 TN 019 0 00 02 DN 2047
SCH5525
*** FINISHED ***
UDATA: 202368 8 PDATA: 219561 514
DISK RECS AVAIL: 512
TNS AVAIL: 48 USED: 152 TOT: 200
ACD AGENTS AVAIL: 292 USED: 8 TOT: 300
AST SET AVAIL: 100 USED: 0 TOT: 100

REQ:

Now that we have created a new modem line, we need to make some changes to it before the new user can use it. Because we copied the new modem line from an existing modem line, it has some of the programming and names of the user we copied from. We need to change this for the new user.

At the REQ: prompt, type CHG. This is Meridian’s command for Change. At the TYPE: prompt, type 500. At the TN prompt, type the TN number we want to change. In our case, we will type 19 2. At the ECHG prompt, type YES. This is Meridian’s command to make an Easy Change. At the ITEM prompt, type DES and then the seat number the new user will be assigned. As we hit the spacebar, we will see DES 211AGR show up. Don’t panic. The system will show us what the previous DES was while we are making the change to it. The DES prompt is the Designator field. This would be where we input the users seat location. So after the space, for our example, we will type in 211B.

At the ITEM prompt, we will type in DN and the 4-digit extension we are creating. In our case, we will type in 2047. At the MARP prompt, hit the Enter key. At the CPND (Call Party Name Display) prompt, type in NEW. At the NAME prompt, type in the new user’s name, first name then last name. In our case, type in MALLARD MODEM. At the XPLN prompt, hit the Enter key. At the DISPLAY_FMT prompt, hit the Enter key. At the VMB prompt, hit the Enter key.

Congratulations, you just built a new Meridian Analog line and the modem is now ready to be installed at the location after you punch down the cross connects from the TN on the punch down block to the cube number on the phone frame block. Below is how it should look to you when you are done.

REQ: CHG
TN 19 2
ECHG YES
ITEM DES 211AGR
DES 211B
ITEM DN 2047
MARP
CPND NEW
NAME MALLARD MODEM
XPLN
DISPLAY_FMT
VMB
ITEM
UDATA: 202368 8 PDATA: 219551 514

REQ:

Hello MG,

This sounds very helpful, your example is exactly what i need. Modems calling out thats it. But you are copying the config from another tn already configured. i need to create 1 from scratch.

if you can help it would great.
thanks
Luc

LUU

This will list the unused analog units that you have.
-------------------------------------------------------

LUDN

Thia will list all unused DN's, pick a non-DID number from this list if you don't want this modem to get calls from the outside.
---------------------------------------------------------

NEW
L U Pick TN from LUU above
xxxx Pick DN from LUDN above
CLS WTD DTN
---------------------------------------------------------

Ace,

From witch ld can i do this? LD 10?
All my ports are unused.

Thanks
Siilver

OK first LUDN doesn't work

second when i create a new port

i do

REQ. new
Type 500
cden ??
DES ??

i have to enter something for DES ? i don't know what.
thanks

this is designation so you can put a decription of where the phone is i.e... room 20... Colin

Thanks for your help.
my port is created, i get a dial tone.
but when i dial out i get a fast busy signal right away.
i do 9 then the 7 digit phone number(local).

I,ve pick up another phone and dialed the dn that i gave to that analogue port and the phone rings and i can answer.

So is it only a modem that ca dial out?
or you can have an analogue phoine on the line and dial out?

thanks for all your help!

Thanks for your help.
my port is created, i get a dial tone.
but when i dial out i get a fast busy signal right away.
i do 9 then the 7 digit phone number(local).

I,ve pick up another phone and dialed the dn that i gave to that analogue port and the phone rings and i can answer.

So is it only a modem that ca dial out?
or you can have an analogue phoine on the line and dial out?

thanks for all your help!

is it something in the CLS i need to change?
I have changed a couple things with no sucess.

thanks guys
Siilver

Modem or analog phone should be able to dial out. Look at the NCOS and TGAR of the modem you created. Compare the NCOS and TGAR to any digital set on your site and change if necessary.

Mike

Thanks MC

Everything worked

:)
thanks again

I have change the ncos

Hey McGruff753,
Your post helped me greatly. Do you have a place where we can get some more of your guide that you wrote?

Hmmm. Maybe you have something there...$$$ :) It's pretty much proprietary in it's format, but there are useful tips. I am currently working on some time pressing projects but hope to have the latest edition available before Halloween. In the mean time, I'll post what I can for those who need specific tips.

Mike

McGruff753,

Your tips on creating an analog line were a big help. I would also appreciate a copy of your guide as I believe that I may be needing to do some add, moves and changes pretty soon. It's been a long time and I could use a refresher course!

However, I would prefer to be able to download it from a website or FTP since posting an email address on a forum usually results in spam. Could you upload it somewhere and give us the URL? That would be awesome!

I do. I am still working on corrections and additions to the guide. I appreciate all of your patience until I can complete it. Until then, here is the section on Digital.

14. FINDING AN AVAILABLE TN (DIGITAL):

Before we can create an extension number, there are a couple of things we need to have. We need an available Terminal Number (TN) and an available Directory Number (DN). We also must know if we are creating a Digital or Analog line. For our example, we will work with a Digital line. We will cover Analog lines later in this Training Guide. We also need to know who the new user is. For our example, we will use Steven Mallard. We also need to know what seat number our new person will be assigned. For our example, Steven will sit at 211A.

The Meridian TN’s are like an IP address for a teleset. The format they are listed in is Loop, Shelf, Card, and Unit, or L S C U. Please take note of the space between each setting. Do not add dots as separators, like in an IP address, or dashes.

To find an available TN for a Digital teleset, we need to be in LD 20. At the REQ: prompt, type in LUVU. This is Meridian’s command for List Unused Voice Units. At the TYPE: prompt, type in 2000. This will tell the system we want the Unused Voice Units available for a Digital teleset. This covers the TN’s for both the 2008 and the 2616 models. Meridian does have a 3000 series model phone but our systems won’t support it on our current software release. At the TN prompt, I recommend we leave this field blank and hit the Enter key. This will give us a list of all of your available Digital TN’s for the entire system. This will also give us an idea of how many resources are available and if we need to start thinking about purchasing more equipment. Below is an example of what you will see.

REQ: LUVU
TYPE: 2000
TN
TYPE 2000 TN 010 0 00 04 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 010 0 00 05 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 010 0 00 06 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 010 0 00 07 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 010 0 00 12 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 010 0 00 13 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 010 0 00 14 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 010 0 00 15 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 012 0 00 08 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 013 0 00 03 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 013 0 00 04 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 013 0 00 05 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 013 0 00 06 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 013 0 00 07 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 013 0 00 08 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 013 0 00 10 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 013 0 00 11 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 013 0 00 12 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 013 0 00 13 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 013 0 00 14 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 014 0 00 00 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 014 0 00 03 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 014 0 00 05 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 014 0 00 06 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 014 0 00 12 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 014 0 00 13 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 014 0 00 14 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 014 0 00 15 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 015 0 00 00 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 015 0 00 01 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 015 0 00 04 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 015 0 00 06 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 015 0 00 07 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 015 0 00 08 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 015 0 00 09 8D VCE
TYPE 2000 TN 015 0 00 15 8D VCE

REQ:

As we can see in our example, the Las Vegas Call Center has approximately 36 available TN’s for Digital telesets. It is unlikely Las Vegas will need to purchase more Digital cards for the PBX in the near future. If I had less than 4 available, I would start looking for any resources no longer being used to free up some TN’s.

So, now we have a list of our available Digital TN’s. Let’s pick one. For our example, we will use 015 0 00 06. Since the system we use at all 3 Call Center’s is a Meridian Option 11 PBX, we have the luxury of not having to deal with Shelf and Card. What I mean by this is we can shorten how we type TN’s. Remember, TN’s are L S C U. Since S and C are always 0 in our system, we can delete this from being typed as well as any beginning 0. So, instead of typing 015 0 00 06, we can shorten this to 15 6 when we need to enter in a TN for creating or printing a teleset. A TN of 015 0 00 010 would be listed as 15 10.

15. FINDING AN AVAILABLE DN:

Finding an available DN is the same process for Digital and Analog. At no time does the system look for a different set of numbers for Digital verses Analog. It only gives us what numbers are unused in the system. What we do with it afterwards is where it becomes a Digital line or an Analog line. To find an available DN, we need to be in LD 20.

At the REQ: prompt, type in PRT. This is Meridian’s command for Print. At the TYPE: prompt, type in LUDN. This will tell the system we want to List Unused Dialed Numbers available for a Digital teleset. At the CUST prompt, type 0 (Zero). We are always Customer 0. At the DN prompt, type a single digit what you want the extension to begin with. For our example, we will look for a 7000 DID (Direct Inward Dialed) number for the Las Vegas Call Center. Below is an example of what you will see.

REQ: PRT
TYPE: LUDN
CUST 0
DN 7

CUSTOMER 00 - UNUSED DNS:
7002 7005 7011 7012 7037 7047 7048 7049 7055 7056
7060 7073 7074 7076 7085 7097 7146 72 75 76

REQ:

Las Vegas’s DID DN’s are from 7000-7149. As you can see in our example, the Las Vegas Call Center has approximately 17 available DID DN’s. This should be enough to survive for a while, but any resource that can be recovered should be looked into prior to peak. DID numbers may be used for Analog lines (i.e. FAX Machines, Modems, etc.) as well as Digital lines.

Let’s pick a DN from the above example. We will use 7047. So, we now have our available TN (15 6) and we have our available DN (7047). Now we have almost enough information to create our new teleset.

16. CREATING A NEW MERIDIAN AGENT (DIGITAL):

By this point, you should have an available TN and DN. For our example, we are using TN 15 6 and DN 7047. We need to know what type of teleset we are creating. For our 3 Call Centers, we have Meridian 2008 and 2616 telesets. The 2008 teleset has only 8 buttons on the right side of the phone and the 2616 teleset has 16 buttons and a liquid crystal display on the top of the teleset. We will use the 2616 teleset for our example.

The best way to build a new teleset is to have an existing one we can copy from. This way all of the settings, Classes of Service (CLS), and restrictions all remain the same for all users. For Las Vegas, we have 3 types of users for 2616 telesets. It is very important to know which type we want to copy so the new user does not have access to features we don’t want them to have.

On the next 3 pages we will see examples of 3 different extensions. There will be subtle differences to all of them, but they are very important differences. The printouts will each be on their own separate page for copying and comparison side by side. The printouts are also edited. We do not see the whole printout, just the main areas that need to be watched and compared. The areas to pay close attention are NCOS, TGAR and CLS. All of the data in the CLS refers to Class of Service and features allowed or restricted to the teleset. TGAR (Trunk Group Access Restrictions) and NCOS (Network Class of Service) have to do with dialing abilities.

In regards to the NCOS and TGAR, these numbers shown are for the Las Vegas Call Center. Your NCOS numbers may be different as to their abilities. This is why it is important to know what services we want to give a user and a similar teleset to copy from. We can always go back and change things in the CLS field in the future for forwarding offsite, etc.

Manager Teleset – Restricted Forwarding – Restricted International

DES 212
TN 012 0 00 10
TYPE 2616
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
AOM 0
FDN 7979
TGAR 0
LDN NO
NCOS 3
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
LNRS 16
XLST
CLS UNR FBD WTA LPR MTD FNA HTA ADD HFA
MWA AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD CMSD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDA CFXD ARHD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID
USMD USRD ULAD
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 7979
LHK 1
PLEV 02
AST
IAPG 0
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0

Restricted Forwarding – This teleset can only forward calls to another onsite teleset. This teleset cannot forward calls to pagers, cell phones, or any other telephone off site.

Restricted International – This teleset cannot make international calls.
------------------------------------------------------------
Manager Teleset – Unrestricted Forwarding – Restricted International

DES 165
TN 012 0 00 07
TYPE 2616
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
AOM 0
FDN 7979
TGAR 0
LDN NO
NCOS 3
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
LNRS 16
XLST
CLS UNR FBD WTA LPR MTD FNA HTA ADD HFA
MWA AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID
GPUD DPUA DNDA CFXA ARHD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHA FICD NAID
USMD USRD ULAD
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 7979
LHK 1
PLEV 02
AST
IAPG 0
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0

Unrestricted Forwarding – This teleset can forward phone calls to pagers, cell phones, or any other telephone off site as well as onsite.

Restricted International – This teleset cannot make international calls.
Telecom Technician Teleset – Unrestricted Forwarding – Unrestricted International

DES 211A
TN 013 0 00 15
TYPE 2616
CDEN 8D
CUST 0
AOM 0
FDN 7979
TGAR 0
LDN NO
NCOS 5
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
SCI 0
SSU
LNRS 16
XLST
CLS UNR FBD WTA LPR MTA FNA HTA ADD HFA
MWA AAD IMD XHD IRA NID OLD VCE DRG3
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID
GPUD DPUA DNDA CFXA ARHD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHA FICD NAID
USMD USRA ULAD
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 7979
LHK 1
LPK 1
PLEV 02
AST
IAPG 0
ITNA NO
DGRP
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0

Unrestricted Forwarding – This teleset can forward phone calls to pagers, cell phones, or any other telephone off site as well as onsite.

Unrestricted International – This teleset can make international calls.
For our example, we will chose to create a fully restricted teleset. Please note the TN number from the Manager Teleset – Restricted Forwarding – Restricted International was 12 10. This will be used in our creation, or copying, of the new teleset.

Still in LD 20, at the REQ: prompt, type CPY 1. This tells the system we wish to copy a teleset to create 1 new entry. At the TYPE: prompt, type 2616. This tells the system we are creating a Digital teleset and the teleset is a 2616 model. At the CFTN (Copy From TN) prompt, type the TN we are copying from. In our example, type 12 10. This is the teleset TN we are making a copy from. At the TN prompt, type the new TN we picked. In our example, type 15 6. This is the new TN we selected. At the DN prompt, type the new DN we picked. In our example, type 7047. This is the new extension number we want to create. Below is how it should look to us when we are done.

REQ: CPY 1
TYPE: 2616
CFTN 12 10
DES 212
*** MAKE PRINTER READY ***
TN 15 6
DN 7047
NEW 2616 TN 015 0 00 06 DN 7047
HNT FNA
SCH5525
*** FINISHED ***
UDATA: 202345 8 PDATA: 219511 512

REQ:

Now that we have created a new extension, we need to make some changes to it before the new user can use it. Because we copied the new teleset from an existing teleset, it has some of the programming and names of the user we copied from. We need to change this for the new user.

At the REQ: prompt, type CHG. This is Meridian’s command for Change. At the TYPE: prompt, type 2616. At the TN prompt, type the TN number we want to change. In our case, we will type 15 6. At the ECHG prompt, type YES. This is Meridian’s command to make an Easy Change. At the ITEM prompt, type DES and then the seat number the new user will be assigned. As we hit the spacebar, we will see DES 212 show up. Don’t panic. The system will show us what the previous DES was while we are making the change to it. The DES prompt is the Designator field. This would be where we input the users seat location. So after the space, for our example, we will type in 211A.

At the ITEM prompt, we will type in KEY 0 SCR and the 4-digit extension we are creating. In our case, we will type in 7047. At the MARP prompt, hit the Enter key. At the CPND (Call Party Name Display) prompt, type in NEW. At the NAME prompt, type in the new user’s name, first name then last name. In our case, type in STEVEN MALLARD. At the XPLN prompt, hit the Enter key. At the DISPLAY_FMT prompt, hit the Enter key. At the VMB prompt, hit the Enter key.

Now we need to add the user’s second line, or sometimes referred to as the rollover line. For us at Williams-Sonoma, we use the 2000 series numbers for all internal and rollover lines. To associate the rollover with the Key 0 extension, I recommend we put a 2 in front of the extension giving us a 5-digit rollover extension. The Meridian system should allow for this.

At the KEY prompt, type in 1 SCR 2 plus the 4-digit DN from Key 0. In our case, we will type in 1 SCR 27047. SCR stands for Single Call Ring. At the MARP prompt, hit the Enter key. At the CPND (Call Party Name Display) prompt, type in NEW. At the NAME prompt, type in the new user’s name, first name then last name. In our case, type in STEVEN MALLARD. At the XPLN prompt, hit the Enter key. At the DISPLAY_FMT prompt, hit the Enter key. At the VMB prompt, hit the Enter key. At the KEY prompt, hit the Enter key. At the ITEM prompt, hit the Enter key.

Congratulations, you just built a new Meridian Digital user extension and the phone is now ready to be installed at the location after you punch down the cross connects from the TN on the punch down block to the cube number on the phone frame block. Below is how it should look to you when you are done.

REQ: CHG
TYPE: 2616
TN 15 6
ECHG YES
ITEM DES 212
DES 211A
ITEM KEY 0 SCR 7047
HNT FNA
MARP
CPND NEW
NAME STEVEN MALLARD
XPLN
DISPLAY_FMT
VMB
KEY 1 SCR 27047
MARP
CPND NEW
NAME STEVEN MALLARD
XPLN
DISPLAY_FMT
VMB
KEY
ITEM
UDATA: 202345 8 PDATA: 219484 512

REQ:

Now, the only thing left is to create this user’s Voicemail Box. We will cover that in Chapter 31.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back