Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analogue Combo card querie

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbo1007

Technical User
Dec 22, 2013
GB
I have installed many systems using digital combo cards but Thursday is my first installation with an analogue combo card.

Please could someone let me know what cable I need to go from the BT phone socket to the system? Is it just BT to RJ45?

Do they all work? Its just that I had a bad experience with another phone system many years ago

Perhaps I misunderstand your question but both digital and analog use the center (blue) pair. This is not a Panasonic system. You can use an RJ12 in the 8P2C socket.

Are you referring to analogue extns or the analogue line card on the combo card.

Either way the analogue line card uses pin 4&5
Analogue extns use pin 4&5

I can confirm previous post

Have just installed an analogue trunk Combo card to support a door entry system

Pins 4 & 5 on the RJ45 end of the BT to RJ45 cable are the only pins used

Thank you, I did not word this very well but pins 4 and 5 was the answer I was after

All the needed cables are described in IP500 installation guide. It's worth to have a look in it.

Ok thanks, I have created BT to CAT5 cables last night and just used one of the pairs for 4 and 5 but was hoping not to have to do this each time.

Can you buy this cable ready made? I passed Maplin today to have a quick look and there was only BT to RJ11, is this what everyomne is using? I remember being told before that RJ11 can damage a cat5e socket so did not really want to put this into the combo card.

It can damage the outer pins on an RJ45 socket, but as they are never used on any trunk or extn ports ....who cares :)

You can have any cable made in bulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back