Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analogue CLI issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccarmock

Technical User
Oct 23, 2005
GB
I have a BCM 50 running release 6 with the latest Service Updates.

It has the 4 internal analogue trunks and 4 internal analogue extensions enabled.

I have a BT line connected to the first trunk and a Virgin Media line connected to the second. BT uses their own version of CLI sending a V23 data sequence before the first ring. Virgin Media use a Nortel DMS100 as their exchange and use US Bellcore CLI whereby the data burst is sent between the first and second rings.

The BCM 50 is happy with both of these setups and displays CLI on a digital or IP set perfectly.

However a Panasonic DECT phone connected to the first Analogue extension port only will display CLI fromt he BT line.

Settings are the same for both. I have tried swapping the BT & Virginmedia lines voer but get the same result.

The Panasonic DECT is happy with both as when connected directly to the trunks it displays CLI from both.

Any advice appreciated.

Sound to me the phone has to be awaking before it listen for caller id info, hence clid between 1 and 2 ring.

Does the line appear directly on the analogue station? As in, does the station ring as soon as the incoming line does?

If so, it's possible that the BCM hasn't received the CLID data packet from the trunk by the time it needs to send it to the station.

What if you have AA pick up the line after 2 rings, and then transfer to the phone? Does CLID work then?

- Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back