Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analogue Calls not releasing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riaanl

Vendor
Feb 17, 2005
ZA
Hi
I have a 11c running rls 25.40b. We have about 25 Analogue lines coming from the Telco ( I know....its time for a PRI - but there is now infrastructure from the Telco to host it)The problem I am having is that a client will phone in, reception will transfer the call, but the person who it is destend for is not there. The phone just rings and rings and after quite a long time it goes back to the attendant. She then gets a whole bunch of call on the console - when she answers there is no one there. Is there a call termination timer I can adjust so the calls only ring say 5 cycles and then diverts back to switchboard?

Thanks
Riaan

Thanks johnpoole - I had a look at another sites one and printed it out - much appreciated

Kind Regards,
Riaan Laubscher
Network Engineer
Support Services
Business Connexion (Pty) Ltd

If you set the Timer to disconnect then it will also disconnect even if you are on the call. Are you using Loop or Ground start trunks? The reason I asked is because for whatever reason the Universal card doesn’t pass supervision correctly on Loop start. If you can go with Ground start trunks your problem should go away.

look at the timer data on the route, that sometimes causes the office to see the disco as a flash, tfd works great on a trunk used for paging, i program then as wat trunk then set tfd to 2 minutes. if the user flashes an analog set and puts the overhead page on hold, i don't have to dial in and disu the trunk.. not a great timer for conversation

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hey Hawks.
We use Loop start here. Will try the Ground srart.
Thanks

might check the pricing, in this part of the world, a pri is much cheaper then 25 analog trunks. i know the card cost but the monthly should drop..i would set the fna fdn on those phones to go to mail, or the att before they time out. also check the rdb, ndec and fdec need to be set to eht,, near and far end disconect to either.. sounds like the caller is hanging up and the switch doesn't rls

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Ground start it is. Good call Hawks.

Also look in CDB for AOCS(All other calls) this will default to att all last efforts to answer call. Not sure about what the gateopener is. Change to DIS DIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back