Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog trunking CS1000 to IP Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

motox2

Programmer
Jun 21, 2007
GY
Hello all!! I am working on a project in my lab, trying to connect a CS1000 to an Avaya IP Office system using analog trunks. I kind of have an idea of how to do this, but i wanted to run it by everyone and see if it's a valid plan. So the plan is to use some analog lines from CS1000 and connect those directly to the ATM ports on my IPO. On the CS1K, create a GPHT with the analog DN's with one controlling PLDN that will be used as the NCFW for all the ACDN's i will need. Thats about it, so if there is an easier way USING ANALOG DN's ONLY!! please let me know. I know PRI and SIP would be cake, but i dont have those options available. Thanks in advance

One little detail i forgot to ask.... if a call originates on the CS1K calling a station on the IPO or any PBX for that matter, will the originating DN CLID pass through the analog lines/trunks and hit the other PBX so it can be routed to the phone accordingly, or will the analog trunk DN CLID info cause a problem with routing?

If you are using analog 500/2500 lines on the CS1K terminating as a loop start trunk on the IPO, then you will need a CLASS modem card in the CS1K to send a CLID to the IPO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back