Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog Trunk Supervision

Status
Not open for further replies.

gknight1

Programmer
Jul 27, 2006
US
I have a site with analog lines that require superivsion. Is there any device that I can put between the system and the CO lines?

Why not use call listen?

My name is Mike but everyone calls me The Smash...

Sorry, miscommnuicated that. I need the phone system to provide supervision to the CO lines so they will disconnect.

For Disconnect Supervision the Telco should provide that, however I have come across a rural location that they either couldn't or wouldn't.
I ended up installing a Viking Electronics CPC 1 device. It will manually generate the signal when the line is hung up. It was not on an IP office system but it worked ok, not perfect, Seems like I worked on it awhile to get to work like it should... see if you can get the CO to provide this service.

They can't. It is also in a very rural location, so the switch in the CO probably hasn't been upgraded ever.

My guess is that this is for a problem with forwarding to an external number and the incoming calls don't disconnect?
You could route all calls through a shortcode and restrict the time for it with the t(5) to 5 minutes.
That will also cut off all calls to the internal people though so not the best solution.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

insanity is just a state of mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back