Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog telephone recommendations 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

52nooknick

Technical User
Apr 7, 2007
US
I have a Legend system with Intuity Voice Mail.

I have a station user that is currently using a straight forward 2500 YM analog set.

I'm looking to replace it with another analog set that has more features.
His needs are...Good speakerphone, speed dial on a button [ 5 or more ], message waiting lamp compatble with the Intuity [ led lamp ] and durable.

Converting to a MLX set is not a option...No more ports available.
Anyone out there have anything to recommend, brand, model , etc.
Thanks
Rich

I like my Avaya 6221 - Been using it everyday for last 2 years

It has 10 sp dial, vm indicator , speaker , hook flash , mute, redial , hold etc .

While I can't say if their Message Waiting lamps will work with the Intuity, the AT&T 960 & 965 are solid, full-featured single line telephones with gobs of speed dials.

The phones, sold back in the mid to late 90's, were designed by Lucent, but built by Phillips.

One of my customers runs a pair of hotels; one with Legend, the other a Magix. We use the Definity 8110 phones for the rooms. Although they're not made any longer, they are readily available as reconditioned from many places. They ARE rugged, and the hotel owner finds them "handsome."

8110.jpg

The grey buttons that flank the designation strip are all speed dial buttons. Below are Hold, Speaker, Conference, Mute and such. The handset is the same K-Style Handset used on the MLX sets, which gives the phone some familiarity.

If you decide to go with this style of phone, email me and I'll send you an Excel sheet to make killer desi strips for the phone.

Tim Alberstein

Tim
Thanks for your help and offer....I will probably take you up on it...
Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back