Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog Ring Count

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiTechDad

Vendor
Aug 8, 2004
US
Does anybody know how to make a V3000 answer on the third ring instead of the first? I'm trying to incorporate an automatic fax switch.

If im correct, can you adjust the inbound timer count to increment for the 3 rings that you need? Go into the NetSet utility and go into System Setting and Timers.
I will be curious to see if that works.

Thanks, buffs. There's nothing in the call timers that affects the number of rings before an auto attendant answers - at leat not in 5.0.6. I did get around it by sending that one line card port to the ATA port (we're not using it for anything on this system), then setting the call coverage for that user to the AA. This way it rings 3 before the AA picks up and gives me the time I need to do what I had to do.

Another option that I found is to map a button on a phone to that line card port, then set the Time Out value on the port > modify screen for the amount of time that you want it to wait. This is a little cleaner, but burns a button on a phone somewhere.

Thanks again for the reply!!

A calm sea has never developed a great sailor.

You must create a virtual telephone using a virtual mac-address , then you must create hunt-group a type calling group where as overflow it associates the AA and it manages the Time-out of how many time before going in coverage (remembers you to exclude the log-out if not answer), to this point checks autoextension of the trunk on the calling group.

Try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back