Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog Ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

hosptech

Technical User
Aug 26, 2002
US
Is there any way to check the usage or non usage of an analog port?

I would like to know if I have analog ports programmed up and not being used.

LD 20
REQ LUVU
TYPE 500

THIS WILL GIVE YOU UNUSED ANALOG TN'S

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

LD 20
REQ PRT
TYPE 500
THIS WILL GIVE YOU ALL THAT ARE PROGRAMED

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

No one has found a way to just check for the ones that are programmed but not being used. The way I do it is assign the extension to my CDR then check to see if they have been used or not. If I don't see any usage on them within a week then I disable them for another week or so and if no one complains then I out the TN.

not without a meter on the frame, that or a buttset, when connected in series to one side of the line, call the set. if there is a ringer on the far end, the but set will ring, if not you will not here a ring.. another possible way is to check cdr data, a station that has not placed a call for 30 days usually gets disu for the next 30 then outed in my switch.. i cleared 100 plus sets in my 81 just checking for programed sets without a jumper

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back