Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog Polycom W2 "wireless" phone Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hcs82a

Technical User
Jul 24, 2009
US
I have a Polycom SoundStation2W phone that all of a sudden lost registration with the base unit and it will not register back to the base. No changes have been made to the phone settings, it just stopped registering.

Any Ideas?

Both devices use AC adaptors.

I swapped known good power adaptors and the phone will not register to the base unit.

I didn't know if there was a way to cable up and reset everything. I even downloaded the most recent software to no avail.

have you tried taking the battery out of the remote unit and putting it back in?
I remember seeing some settings in the phone to use IP, could be that it can use wireless IP. Best to reset the wireless unit via the menu and also try to take the batteries out to make sure it resets properly.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

insanity is just a state of mind

I reset the phone, pulled the battery but nothing works. Here are the settings of the phone.

System Info:
CVM: Unabailable (flashes)
DSP: 52w.con.01.503
CPLD: 1.06

Registration Info:
Base: Unavailable (flashes to ffffffffff)
Cons: ffffffffff
IPEI: 8575 1048575 1

Thanks

We have had a number of these stop registering. It is a "known" issue with these units. There is a small connector that gets too hot and burns in two making the unit unfixable until you send it off for repairs to the tune of a couple hundred dollars.

Thanks jeanm. No shock there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back