Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog Polycom problem - some work, some don't

Status
Not open for further replies.

EileenF

IS-IT--Management
Jun 1, 2009
US
Hello. Has anyone run into this before? We have a suite of conference rooms on one floor of building. All 9 rooms are equipped with Polycom SoundStation2 analog phones (CS1000 PBX). 5 of 9 are suddenly not able to dial internal or external numbers. Phones have dial tone, but when pressing digits to make a call, the dial tone continues to be heard and the call doesn't go thru. I've unplugged the power unit and reset the RJ11's, but still nothing. The weird thing is that you can call into the 5 phones. The Polycoms in the other 4 rooms are OK. I'm stumped. Next step is to try connecting one of the working Polys in a room where the Poly doesn't work. Building Engineering claims no recent power issues. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thank you!

disable/enable the TN the non-working polycom are on and test, or disable/enable the card they're on.

Are they all on the same card? If so, reseat card or replace.

I will try that when I know the affected rooms are empty. Thanks.

Update - the affected phones are on the same (2) cards in PBX. Have contacted our service provider for assistance. My thanks to all who responded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back