Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog phones not ringing in Opt61c Column

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldTraveller

IS-IT--Management
Feb 3, 2003
US
When someone calls an analog set in Loop 4 (Column/Core 0) the caller hears ringing but the phone itself does not ring.

Everything works ok in Loop 20 (Column/Core 1).

I tried swapping the TDS/Conf card in Core 1 with Core 0 but Core 0 still has the same problem.

The receptionist has also complained the some of the conferences that she has set up today hasn't worked.

Any ideas?

I am thinking of rebooting the switch this evening.

The first thing to check is if there's a Column Alarm lit at the top of the column. The second thing to check is the LED's on each Ring Generator on each shelf of the column.

You should be advised that the ring generators are software-controlled. They may have physical power to them, but on bootup, the PBX tells them to activate via the System Monitor cable. So, if you're having repeated problems with them and you don't see any problems with the sysmon's, a reboot could potentially fix it, but not super likely.

I've also seen where one bad ring generator takes down all of them on a given column.

Hope this helps...

Kris

kris is right you have some type of power problem or ring generator problem, conf/tds has nothing to do with 500 type ringing.

I saw already this problem.. and it was a bad Ananlog line card. To troubleshoot, you can unslot all ANLG card of the shelf, and check if your Ring Gen come "ON", if not, probably you have to change it, if yes, slot one by one ANLG card and check the led on your Ring Gen then you will find the bad ANLG card. Replace it and should be work!!

Meridian-1 tech

I found the answer.

The problem was that the System Monitor was plugged into Column one but the slave System Monitor was pulled out of column two.

i have had a similiar problem where a column not a shelf all 500 sets would not ring... found that we needed to apply an extra ground to the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back