Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ANALOG PHONE ON MERLIN 1030

Status
Not open for further replies.

PGHPHONEMAN

Vendor
Jan 27, 2003
US
IS THERE A CODE THAT I CAN DIAL FROM A SINGLE ANALOG PHONE THAT WOULD ALLOW ME TO PLACE A VOICE ANNOUNCED INTERCOM CALL? I'VE TRIED ALMOST EVERYTHING WITH NO LUCK.

ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

88 is my dial code for an outside line. There is a part in the manual that describes the dial codes for the buttons on the phone if your are using an OPTI/BTMI, however, none of these work either. FM5

What you mean 88 is dial out code.If you using ARS the dial out code is 9,to accessor the lines or line pools assigned to particular buttons. You use 882 for line postion no. 1,883 for line 2 and so on .To place voice annouce you use 881 and the intercom no.
I just tried that on my system here in the lab. and its working fine. I think it should work with you unless threre is a problem with the system.

Good Luck.

I am not using ARS and this system is set up as square, not pooled. This results in the dial code being 88 for single line phones to access lines that they are assigned access to.

Should I just bite the bullet and enable ARS? I don't really care for the delay with the ARS and also not getting CO dial tone when dialing the ARS code.

For the square system ,you dial 88 to access any available line assigned to the extension or the access code for line 1 is 882,883 for line 2 and so on ,and 881 for voice annouce.Then 881 it should work for voice annouce.I don't suggest to go ARS its too much hassels and Voice annouce its not a big deal and its not worth the hassels I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back