Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog Lines won't ring busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bower

MIS
Jun 12, 2003
US
We are running a 0X32 MICS version 30meF02 with one station module and two analog trunk modules. On our analog trunks, we have attached our modem pool at well as our FastRAD. On each of these DN's I have set them to Ring only and to not forward on busy. The problem is when the modem lines are in use, they are still ringing au nasuem or forwarding to the front desk. Needless to say, the screaching of the handshake is driving our poor receptionist up the wall. For the life of me can't find where I've programed these wrong. I'm using NRU 8.1 (anyone want to sell me 10.0?) and I know I've seen a option to turn on or off Busy rings but now when I need it I can't find it. Thanks for your time.

Bower

there are a few dealers in here that would be more than happy to sell u 10.0
I recently bought it myself and it is NICE very NICE. nortel really did good with this one.

But now as to your busy problem..
we had that same thing happenin to us but ours were fax machines. and we just made the line private to the machine and took care of it.

Lemme go look in a MICS (what SW version?) and i'll see if I can find the setting. Better two eyes lookin than one.

If I had a memory im sure I could jsut tell u off the top of my head but unfortunatly I dont.

If I said it, It has to be true.
Mario Mazza

The FAQ here says SP me is 3.0 and I'll have to agree with that. Unfortunatly I've inherited this sytem with little to none working knowlage or phones in general and Norstar's specifically. Thanks for your help. I'll try making the lines private and see what happens.

Bower

Tried making the lines private but they still ring to the front desk when busy. I'm starting to think it's v3.0 we're running.

Bower

Each line under Trunk/Line data has a prompt for PRIME SET. By default, the prime set is 221, 2221 etc. Change prime set to NONE or the set you want it to ring on.

MarvO said it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back