Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog Lines and IP Phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSLORIEANN

Vendor
Jun 15, 2004
US
Has anyone installed IP Phones on an IP Office with analog lines since the V2 Combo Card 700504556 and the V2 Analog trunk module was released? I was told that it would be the answer to the Echo and Jitter that caused previous installations to fail. Anyone with experience?

I have worked with several and haven't had any complaints yet.

NTS Direct

I suggest you run the "Automatic Balance Impedance Match" test located in the "Line" window pane on Manager. That will help make sure that the Analog Trunk Lines Settings in the IP Office are tested to best match the service provider Analog Trunks.

we use it here at our office. As Sys85 said, you need to run the Impedance Match test to fix any echoes.

We have run the Impedance Match many times over and over again, but the echo and jitter always return, perhaps the vendor is crap. This customer has the V1 cards, I wondering if the V2 modules made that much of difference.

We have had issues also. Seems when its a fiber mux converting it to copper we have the issues.

It's only dialtone!!!

maybe your problem is internal, do you have any issues otherwise?

Joe W.

TeleTechs.ca
FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

“This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

maybe your problem is internal, do you have any issues otherwise?

Joe W.

TeleTechs.ca
FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

“This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back