Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog line takes a while to start dialing 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

borsen

Technical User
Jul 12, 2014
MK
I have a GSM adapter that we use for outgoing cellular calls. When a call is forwarded to this line, it take a while till it will dial and the dialing tone plays.

How can I make the dialing process instant or as low as possible?

I've attached a screen shot of the preferences for this analog line. Is there anything in there that can be adjusted to achieve this?

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=c9c73370-cb4e-41fc-af67-c27ec2bcde34&file=Screen_Shot_2016-12-09_at_9.39.11_PM.png
If you have not already, remove the ; from shortcodes in the ARS table using analog lines.

critchey said:
If you have not already, remove the ; from shortcodes in the ARS table using analog lines.

I don't have them.

Theres nothing to be done in the Line's settings panel?

amriddle01 said:
And make sure the dial delay is 1 in ARS

It does the same thing regardless of whether the call is sent via ARS or directly to the line.
It's done that before I ever implemented ARS, which I've done today.

Is there another setting somewhere that would adjust for this? Maybe the server is waiting for a countdown to finish of the number input?

Like Await Dial Tone maybe?

A SIP based GSM gateway would be a better choice by the way, analogue ones can pick up RF interference from the cable, like mobile phone buzz when someone's in the comms room or its own antennas, and dialling is instant too :)

amriddle01 said:
A SIP based GSM gateway would be a better choice by the way, analogue ones can pick up RF interference from the cable, like mobile phone buzz when someone's in the comms room or its own antennas, and dialling is instant too

Right, thats what I was recommended by the company I bought the Avaya from—and I didn't know much about telephony at the time.
Am sure a SIP based one is better, but this doesn't really solve my problem...

I changed the Await Dial Tone from 3000 to 0. And I heard the dial tone way faster. However it will not connect me, even though the number was sent through correctly — I got "The number you entered doesn't exist" from the operator.

Is there anything else I should try?

If the system dials the correct number out, there's nothing more to do on the system is there? :)

Is Await Dial Tone even the right setting to adjust, and why would it interfere with the operator?

Perhaps up the timer to 1000 then retry. When going off hook with a telephone it takes time for the line to detect that and present dial tone, by forcing 0 you are probably dialling before it's listening :)

Its set to 400 and it works great now :) thanks [smile]

Just in case you didn't know. Helpful posts should be awarded a star by the original poster. It's like slipping the guy who hands you the towel in the toilet a finsky.
A finsky is a five dollar bill if you are from outside the United States of America.

this time you gave me a mountain

I gave you a star for both explaining to newer users to star helpful posts and to explain what a finsky is. I am American and still never heard of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back