Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

analog line remains busy after a disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

begems

Technical User
Dec 19, 2003
BE
Hi Guys,

Short description of the setup: CUCM 8.6 with a 881 gateway. The FXO port on that gateway should be my local breakout...

On the CUCM, a sip phone (Stentofon Intercom) is configured and making an external call, using his local route group which contains the analog line.

I used the debug vpm sig command to monitor what happens on the analog line: when I disconnect the call from the remote site, nothing seems to happen in my trace and the line remains open...

Any ideas?

Regards,

Gerry

If this was an old time PBX, I would say supervision is not set up on the line, but I have never messed with setting up an FXO ports on cisco, is there an option for this?

Hi,

I first created a custom cptone to recognize busy signal with the frequency and cadence, but in the end I did not use it. I simply called it ANADISC (from analog disconnect):

voice class custom-cptone ANADISC
dualtone disconnect
frequency 425
cadence 500

When I attributed this custom cptone to the FXO voiceport and did some tests towards my office phone (we have an E1) it worked fine... In the evening, I continued testing from home, where I have a simple analog line from a provider called Telenet (Belgium). After I disconnected, nothing happened in my 'debug vpm signal' screen. I realy had to stop the call on the call manager site to get my FXO free...

After some testing, I came to the following config: this works...

voice-port 4
supervisory disconnect dualtone mid-call
cptone BE
timeouts call-disconnect 3
timeouts wait-release 4
connection plar opx 22101
impedance complex2
caller-id enable

Remarks are welcome and otherwhise, I hope this can help some of my Cisco friends in Belgium and abroad...
I changed the timeouts because the calling phone is an intercom. Whitout these timeouts, the loudsopeaker of this intercom played 30 seconds of disconnect tone.

Now I still need to manage the same scenario, but the FXO is replaced by a BRI. Again all scenario's seem to work, accept a call to an analog Telenet line...

Regards,

Gerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back