Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog line problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcepeda

Technical User
Jul 19, 2001
MX
Hi,

I need help with this problem:

I have a Definity G3 with a mix of digital and multivendor lines, but some analog lines in a TN429 card does not hang and remain in active status blocking it use. To clear this status I just run busyout and release and instantly are reenable. Other analogs lines never was blocked.

Do it be a Trunk Group configuration problem?

TRUNK GROUP

Group Number: 5 Group Type: co CDR Reports: y
Group Name: Aula COR: 2 TN: 1 TAC: 305
Direction: two-way Outgoing Display? y
Dial Access? n Busy Threshold: 99 Night Service: 57235
Queue Length: 0 Country: 7 Incoming Destination: 57101
Comm Type: voice Auth Code? n Digit Absorption List:
Prefix-1? y Trunk Flash? n Toll Restricted? y

TRUNK PARAMETERS
Trunk Type: loop-start
Outgoing Dial Type: tone Cut-Through? n
Trunk Termination: rc Disconnect Timing(msec): 500

Auto Guard? n Call Still Held? n Sig Bit Inversion: none
Analog Loss Group: 6 Digital Loss Group: 11
Trunk Gain: high

Disconnect Supervision - In? y Out? n Cyclical Hunt? y
Answer Supervision Timeout: 5 Receive Answer Supervision? y

Regards
Francisco Cepeda.

Are they all on the same trunk group?

Hi,

I mistyped this phrase "mix of digital and multivendor lines", the correct one is "mix of digital and analog multivendor trunk lines".

Also, reviewing the symptoms when a line remain hold, always a "stat trunk" command look like this: "in-service/active" but with no "Connected Ports"

TRUNK GROUP STATUS

Member Port Service State Mtce Connected Ports
Busy

08/01 01B0908 in-service/active no

Regards,
Francisco Cepeda

Hi, Zu56:

No I have see randomly this problem in other trunk group, over diferent TN card 429 or 793, but most often occur in trunk group 5: 3 analog lines group on TN 429 card.

Regards
Francisco.

Hi
For loop-star CO trunk in some cases there is a problem of blocking after the call when user's switch hook is activated on stations.
Try to close disconnect supervision In-N, Out-N on first page of trunk-group form. After that you will no able to transfer incoming call from this trunk back again to this trunk, but will no chance to hang it active.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back