Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

analog line issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z-man

IS-IT--Management
Jun 15, 2018
US
We got called to replace a down system yesterday. It was an old Mitel. The only thing I had was a refurbished IPO 9.1. It will work fine for what they need, but the setup is a bit strange. First, they get service from the cable company who breaks it out to 12 POTS lines. No reliable disconnect which sucks. We are using a bunch of 9611 IP phones, and there seems to be some delay on the trunks. Not sure if this is the IPO or the lines. They had a cordless phone hooked up temporary, and they were experiencing any delays. I am going to do some more trouble shooting today to check things but thought I might ask if there is anything else I should check. The system has a phone2/ATM a VCM32/ATM and a VCM32V2/ATM. I wish they were at least PRI but that will take some time. Thoughts?

What happens if you connect your butt-in test set directly to one of the trunk connections on the cable company's coax/POTS box, do you the same issues?

Delay can mean many things - describing the nature of the delay would help.

On analogue lines, the IP Office can wait for the incoming caller ID (ICLID) before routing the call. If you're not using incoming numbers for call routing in your Incoming Call Routes, go to the trunk settings and set the Trunk Type to Loop Start rather than Loop Start ICLID.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Sizebut is correct. Depending on direction of your delay. If it is outbound then check your Dial delay times as well as ARS table.

I find defining the ARS for local call with (Code) XXXXXXXXXX (Telephone Number) N (Feature) Dial (Line Group) whatever you have programmed.
Same for LD except XXXXXXXXXXX (Telephone Number) 1N

Remove any ;

I believe the delay issue might have been caused by a subpar network switch. We upgraded the network switch and at this moment the delay seems to be gone.

However, now I am dealing with a disconnect issue. If you call into the auto attendant and leave a message and hangup, the call does not hangup. I thought there were settings in the VM that I ould override, but not.

Also, if the VM calls someone for outcalling, and that person hangs up the call, the voice mail doesn't hang up.

If I can get reliable disconnect from telco is will solve this... its just not a good telco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back