Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Analog line capacity, what happens when all line are busy? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

surferdude949

Programmer
Oct 13, 2008
US
I have 8 incoming analog line into a 406. These are the main lines (roll over) routed to a auto attendant.

What happens when all lines are busy and call comes through?

or.. if you are trying to dial out and all the lines are in use you will get 3 fast beeps every few seconds and if you have a display it will say waiting for line.

@seryozha - That is an interesting answer. I have never experienced such. On my 406v2, I have 4 incoming lines, routed to one extn for the reception. I must say either my PBX is misconfigured or my analog card has a problem.

1. There are times when NOT all lines are busy, but when I make a call, it gets silently dropped. That is how I can describe it, because my phone screen gets to idle, as if I did not dial out

2. My PBX does (I've never heard it) NOT give the 3 fast beeps as you say. I have several 6408D+ and 2420 deskphones.

Please tell me where I should check for the cause of the anomalies.

Thanks

Diable "Off Hook Extn" this setting is for analog phones used with headsets & prevents confirmation tones being played to the user.
the reason for the call failure should be displayed on PhoneManager if in use.

You can also test if one is faulty by temporarily putting each line into a different line Gp and make a shortcode to dial out of it then make a few test calls, that will show if one or more are faulty or not :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

HSM
maybe I should start a thread and ask what happens when the power goes out and then you answer that question, maybe you get someone to have pity on you and give you a star :)

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

insanity is just a state of mind

@pipind,

"There are times when NOT all lines are busy, but when I make a call, it gets silently dropped. That is how I can describe it, because my phone screen gets to idle, as if I did not dial out"

if IP Office finds that there is no 24/48V d.c. (or dial tone) on trunk port then it will happen.

An error for that can be seen in system status in truk alarms..

no, i dont want a star, gentlemen :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back